Glitter Gradient Nails?

How do you do them? Lol i've never tried but i have on a some Coral Nail Polish and want to do something fun with glitter like the picture below but i don't know how to do them! Anyone got any ideas! Smiley Happy

images-10.jpeg

Picture was taken from Google. 

Re: Glitter Gradient Nails?

Glad you posted this topic arielaaaaaaaa! I've been wanting to try this look since I purchased a bunch of the Sephora/OPI jewelry top coats! Love how your nails turned out!

(0) Hearts

Thanks! You should do it! And show us how it turned out Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Will definitely do! Once I stop being lazy and actually paint my nails that is... I've needed to do my toes for about 2 weeks now, and currently can't because I have a really bad cut near the cuticle on one of my toes Smiley Sad

Aww That doesn't sound good! Smiley Sad

I hope it gets better!!! Can't wait to see how your nails turn out! 

Here was my attempt!! (when i had long natural nails)swfupload_5336815294160882820.jpg

(0) Hearts

Those are really Good! Love the colors! My next attempt will be starting at the tips. 

Your nails look great, @arielaaaaaaaa! 

(0) Hearts

Thanks Smiley Happy

Yayy i did it! Smiley Happy

Well i'm happy with the result. I could do better, but i got a little Glitter happy.. haha!

I couldn't open the other two bottles of polish, haha! So i used the Spark-Tacular!

IMG_0055.jpg

Didn't clean them up afterwards cause i'm too anxious to show you all! Smiley Happy

Very Pretty!

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

Cuuuute!

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Smiley Happy

And i did my other hand successfully!! And i used my Kensington Top coat for the first time. Love how fast it dried!! Smiley Happy

High five!!!!

Cute! I love that multi paired with that base color! ^_^ I think you did quite well and I definitely got the idea of the glitter fading!

(0) Hearts

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Hopefully i can do my other hand haha! 

Now time for my new Nails Inc. Caviar Top coat! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Okay now i need help choosing a Glitter!! Smiley Happy

Here's what is currently on my nails!

IMG_0041.jpg

And then the glitters i have, 

IMG_0052.jpg

Red Glitter

IMG_0053.jpg

A Dark Grey/silver Glitter

IMG_0054.jpg

And a Silver Glitter with multi-colored glitters mixed in. 

I just can't choose, so help!?

Hey Arielaaaaaaaa - I have all 3, and I would go w/ Sparktacular (bottom multicolor). Because it has smaller glitters mixed in and a clear base, it's better for beginners trying to do gradients. The middle one has a bunch of large glitters, so it's harder to get them placed where you want (you have to dab, not pull!) and the top red one has a red base, so it will show up on your pink polish and it will be harder to get that ombre effect. 

I've done some gradients w/ the bottom one and they also work out well. Just remember it's hard to screw up a glitter gradient, so go for it!

(0) Hearts

Thanks @Candacebt. I will most likely do that one because i can't open the other two haha! They are screwed on super tight and i'm the only one home right now haha! 

Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
Photos10
  • 2012-08-25 15.32.50.jpg
  • 2012-09-18 11.40.52.jpg
  • images-10.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • IMG_0041.jpg
  • IMG_0052.jpg
  • IMG_0053.jpg