kimmi1115

February Amethyst Nails

After giving my nails a break, for the most part, I did some nail art!  It feels like it has been forever since I've played with my polishes after cutting them down to work on reshaping and whatnot.  The weather is still ticking off my cuticles, though.  

Anyway, a while back, I believe it was PrettyinPa who said it would be neat to do some sort of design for each month's birthstone.  I think she said that when I shared my November nail art.  Well, I decided to go with that idea.  It was hard to capture the true shade of the purple, though.

feb birthstone nails.jpg

It's also my second attempt at the Half Moon manicure. The top two photos are my left hand which has 28 rhinestones.  Since I didn't have enough of the light purple rhinestones left, I had to use a darker purple for my right hand.  My right hand has 27 of them.  I used the Essie Grow Faster for Normal Nails as my base coat, China Glaze in Grape Juice, and Cina Top Coat and Bonder.  To apply the rhinestones, I used the It's So Easy Nails Picker Upper tool.

Back in January, I did try the Half Moon Manicure for the Garnet stone, but I wasn't too happy with how it came out.  So, I took a picture of the best nail and shared it on Instagram and Facebook.  Here it is:

299542_579451268735299_865511715_n.jpg

I think the shades I used were China Glaze in Merry Berry and the red Sally Hansen Gem Crush polish.  I can't remember the name of it, but it came in a 4 piece mini set. 

lylysa

Re: February Amethyst Nails

You know what? Just the other day I was thinking, "Man...it's been a while since Kimmi's posted any nail threads!"

And now I get this! Score!

Love the purple and red, both are super elegant and lush looking! It's just the right amount of shimmer to each!

kimmi1115

Lol!  I hope to have some nailart time now.  I still have polishes I haven't tried out yet!  They need love and attention lol!

sephoramusthave

I think that I have only one item in my whole collection that I havent tried yet so I'm pretty proud of myself because it used to be much more! Yikes! There's nothing worse than buying things that just sit there for *months* until you even try them once! Now I have to work on hitting pan...

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I'm pretty good at trying makeup out when I first buy something new, but nail polish is a different story lol.  I still have a few shades to try in the 15 piece mini set of Sephora by OPI polishes that my granny gave me for my birthday, and I have a few shades to try from Christmas.  Lanndan's family knows I love polish lol. 

I agree with you, hitting pan is a totally different story lol.

anaa

So pretty!

kimmi1115

Thank you, Anaa and Beautylovingirl!  :smileyhappy:

Anaa, I still love your avatar of your cat.  She's so gorgeous!

berniebeauty

I personally like the January nails better than the Amythest haha. I hope you continue this every month! I'm excited for emerald (my own) and then opal. Opal has always been my favorite gemstone, I love its iridescence. 

~We are all beautiful~

kimmi1115

Opal is beautiful!  It's one of my favorites, too, especially since it was my mamaw's birthstone.  I also like emerald, too.  It's Lanndan's birthstone, but he hates it for some reason.  I think I'll have to get some darker shades of green polish, but I have plenty of time to shop around for them lol.

beautylovingirl

@kimmi1115- I love seeing what creative design your going to come up with next! Soooo pretty!

keelybt

So pretty (as always) Kimmi! That shade is just perfect for the amethyst nails :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

Thanks!  So far it is still holding up well.

fran11

gorgeous Kimmi! I always love seeing your nail art posts :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

Thank you!  So far this semester, homework hasn't be too bad.  Keyword: so far lol.  I hope that it will stay that way so I can have time to play with polish lol.

fran11

I hope it stays that way! For your nail art and your sanity! :smileywink: I graduated college 7 years ago (wow...just had a total omg moment! time goes so fast!) but can still empathize with schoolwork! 

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Besides homework, the most time consuming part will be my 20 hours of service learning/observations for my Issues in Education class and my Exceptional Learners class, which are both online.  However, I believe the observations will be an interesting experience.

I wish I could graduate already lol.  I student teach and graduate Fall 2014 as long as everything goes according to plan.  Four and half years instead of the "usual" four years.  Then again, most people here graduate in 5 to 6 years, so I think I am doing well lol.

makeupobesessed

I meant very pretty shade of purple....iPad spell check gone crazy!

makeupobesessed

As an amethyst baby, I approve!  Very prColorShare of purple!  Nice Kimmi!

kimmi1115

Thank you!!  Spell check can be such a pain, especially on my iPhone.  The China Glaze Grape Juice shade is a part of their permanent line.

sephoramusthave

So gorgeous!!!!!! All hail kimmi, the nail queen!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Lol!  Thanks, sephoramusthave!  I wish Spring would hurry up and get here.  I'm ready to do pedicures and wear flip flops!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 54 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • anaa
    • kimmi1115
    • berniebeauty