Arlandria88

Dior Nail Polish

(0) Hearts

I want to purchase a few Dior nail polishes. I've never used them before. When I buy polish I like to also purchase a base coat and top coat from the same brand. I'm not sure that it's necessary for base coat, top coat, and color to all be from the same line but that's just my personal preference. My question is--- does Dior have a base coat? I can't locate a link for it. Also--- the only top coats that I see are the Gel style. I'm not sure how these differ from typical top coats. Is there a more traditional style top coat available from Dior? 

If anyone here uses Dior polish---- what base and top coat do you think works well with it? I prefer quick dry top coats.

Thanks in advance for any input that you can give.

Arlandria88

Re: Dior Nail Polish

(0) Hearts

starletta8--- thank you for answering. I've been lingering here for hours trying to decide exactly what I want today. Your answer was quite helpful. One more thing about the Dior Gel Coat. Does it dry hard---FAST--- like a salon gel mani?? I always mess up my nails if I dont use something that dries them completely, quickly.

starletta8

I've never had a salon gel mani, so I can't speak to it.  Hopefully someone else can comment.

I actually think the regular topcoat is faster dry- but it's been a couple of months since I used it. When in doubt, go with the regular version!

I'm not sure if you've picked out your colors, but Lilac Colorvision is one of my HGs. It's the perfect lilac for me- and a Sephora exclusive.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm a huge nail polish fiend, so I'll try to address your questions.

• Dior Gel Coat is a regular topcoat- it's like Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab, in that it's called a gel topcoat and is extra shiny.  YMMV on wear-time- but you take it off with regular nail polish remover, no UV lights required.  It's actually my current go-to top coat.
  • Dior has a full range of nail products, including a ridge-filling base coat.  Sephora doesn't carry it, but you should be able to find it either from Dior's website, or from your local counter (Nordstrom, Macy's, Lord and Taylor, Saks, Neimans, etc, etc).
  • Dior also makes a regular top coat which is quick dry- I don't think Sephora carries it. I bought mine from my local Dior counter and enjoy it.

That said, Dior polish is exceptionally fast-dry on its own. It also works with any number of base and top coats. I've tried it with Deborah Lippmann, Dior, Chanel, Essie, and Seche to name a few.

As for base coats specifically, I use Deborah Lippmann rehydrating base coat- which isn't carried by Sephora.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • starletta8
    • Arlandria88