kimmi1115

Color Acrylic and Fimo

Although it has been a few days, I feel like it has been weeks since I last logged on.  I hate that feeling when I'm busy with things and can't log on.  I feel so out of routine lol.  

Anyway, I finally experimented with color acrylic and encasing fimo pieces.  I still have a lot of work to do with that technique, and I need to find more videos lol.  After applying the color to the nail tip area, pressing the lime piece into it, and layering over the clear, it came out pretty thick.  While filing, I wish I had my dad's grinder to file it down lol.

lime.jpg

One of my Instagram friends suggested using nail forms to sculpt a tip with the green acrylic powder.  She said it is easier than applying the color to the artificial tip.  I've never tried nail forms, but I think I will wait a while before doing that.  I want to get better at just the basics.  I played with the green powder just for the fun of it and to see how it worked.

7nicole3

Re: Color Acrylic and Fimo

(0) Hearts

OMG THESE ARE AWESOME!!!  I absolutely love them! I wish I could do something like this!

DTalksAll

Fun! Super cute Kimmi! :smileywink: 

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I think everyone on BT needs a margarita just for the fun of it, as long as they are at least 21 lol.

rikkie

Wow! Looks great, are they margarita flavored too?? :smileytongue:

kimmi1115

I wish!!!  However, there is some Margaritaville Margarita mix in the kitchen lol.  :smileyvery-happy:

dianabt

Pretty! Your nail technique is getting smoother and smoother, the color of this makes me think of key lime pie, cute! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I didn't think of Key Lime pie!  Now I want some pie with my margarita lol.

Titian06

Kimmi, your nails look great!  I agree with @ beatylovingirl & @beautytester.  Your skill with acrylics has improved so much in only the few months you've been practicing!  This is definitely your gift!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I find doing nails to be fun and relaxing.  With my upcoming semester schedule, I will definitely need some relaxation time!

melissabt

Super creative! I love love love the green:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I think the acrylic powder shade is called Apple Martini.

ChicDabbler

summerrrrrrry! now I seriously need green nail polish....and maybe a fruity drink. =P

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  And go with both!  Chili's has a good strawberry margarita!  :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Kimmi I swear there is nothing in the nail world you can't do.:smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I still have some practicing to do, but some of my friends have already volunteered to be guinea pigs lol.  I just need to get a jar and cleaner from Sally's for disinfecting.  Right now, my mom and I have our own files and whatnot.  I have a spray cleaner I use to clean them, but I want something stronger for when I practice on other people.  I should have a Sally's coupon soon, so I know what it will go to lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • beautylovingirl