kimmi1115

Christmas Nail Polish Season

Sephoramusthave inspired this post lol.  What nail polish shades or nail art designs are you looking forward to wearing for the holiday season?

I've already started wearing one of mine lol.  China Glaze Ruby Pumps! 

china-glaze-ruby-pumps-2.jpg

I'm also leaning more towards glitter in general, especially China Glaze's Eye Candy Collection.  There are a couple more in that collection that I would like to pick up.  I've been eyeballing the OPI for Sephora mini Christmas sets.  To cave or not to cave, that is the question lol.  I've bought the 6 piece set for Christmas for my bf's mom.  My nearby Sephora in JCP has the big 18 piece set.  I'm afraid to get to close to it.  I may fall in love lol. 

kimmiecheeks

Re: Christmas Nail Polish Season

For this season, I leaned more toward my darker polishes and topped them with a gold glitter. LOVE IT~!!

brandiandi

[ Edited ]

Hi Kimmi! I love the Ruby Pumps color. Great choice! I just picked up this set:

OPI-Best-of-Best-Box-21.jpg

Right now I am really into the Russian Navy, but as Christmas time gets closer I will be more into the bottom two reds!

melissabt

Hi Kimmi,

I love the holiday nail polishes this season. I like how we have so many different styles to choose from and they are all so fun and sparkly. I am really into wearing the big glitter nail polish and I find myself changing my nails every week to keep it fun and fresh.

Be-Claus I Said So
(clear with medium and chunky red glitter)
Be-Claus I Said So

Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild
(clear with medium and chunky purple glitter)

Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild

Good Tidings We Bling
(clear with fine and chunky red and green glitter)

Good Tidings We Bling

Curve-aceous
(opaque metallic cool candy apple)

Curve-aceous

<3 Melissa
kimmi1115

@melissabt  Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild....that cracked me up! lol  And it's a very pretty shade!

@brandiandi  That set is beautiful!  From ULTA I'm guessing?

brandiandi

@Kimmi-Actually I bought it at the NEX (Navy Exchange) I was very excited to get my hands on it!

kimmi1115

@brandiandi That is cool.  There are so many nail polish sets out now.  I don't know what I would do with them all, but I do know they would get used lol.  If I keep at it, I'll have enough polish to open my own salon lol.

brandiandi

I really have a lot of red, pink, and berry colors, so I am trying to go outside of my box with the more nail polish colors these last few months. (So I HAD to get it....right? ha)

kimmi1115

@brandiandi lol  If you're looking for new Holiday colors to try, I've seen some blues and golds that just say "Christmas Time!"  Dark blue isn't normally considered a standard Christmas color, but it looks beautiful with silver.

brandiandi

I actually just painted my nails last night! I used Bullish from OPI, and then attempted the ombre glitter look I keep seeing everywhere. It isn't perfect, but I love the results! I agree on the dark blue, it usually isn't very Christmas-y, but it works for the winter time in general.

tiffanybt

I'm loving the Sephora by OPI Glimmer Wonderland Four Piece Mini Nail Colour Set! Most days I can't decide how to do my nails so I'll layer Just A Little Dangerous with It's Bouquet With Me and wear Let Them Eat Fruitcake with Dear Diary on my tips.  

sephora.jpg

Cheers,

Tiffany

keelybt

That is so pretty!  I am currently in love with is Sephora by OPI Chest-Nuts About You.  Though not a traditional Christmas shade, it is so gorgeous on.  It is a very unique pink champagne shade that has a metallic sheen to it.  I have gotten so many compliments!  

Chest-Nuts About You(swatch does not do it justice.)

tinkerchels

My friend bought the glimmer wonderland 4-pack! Be-Claus I said so I a beautiful red, good tidings we bling looks darker than the picture (probably due to the mixing of red & green) and I borrowed Sparktacular topcoat and I LOVE IT! I put it over the OPI Pirates of the Carribean 'there she rose' (I'm an OPI junkie) and I love the result!

The ONLY problem I find is that glitter polishes chip frequently compared to regular, but If your willing to reapply your ok!

Get yourself an end-of-semester present and get that set!! You won't be disappointed!!!

Xo
kimmi1115

@tinkerchels  I've looked at the Pirates OPI set at Ulta.  Beautiful shades, and I loved the names.  My mom picked up a red shade by OPI, but I can't think of the name of it.  It's also a nice Christmas time red.  Hmmm....an end of the semester present sounds like a good idea!  Especially after the confusing torture from my Biology class and lab lol. 

janinebt

[ Edited ]

I'm currently swooning over Illamasqua's Kink. It's an emerald green and is a nice alternative to deep reds and golds, which are often associated with the holidays :smileyhappy:. I love the Illamasqua formulas, my nails look like they were done at a salon.

Nail VarnishKink

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • brandiandi
    • tiffanybt