ilovetopurplefy

Chanel L'ete Papillon Summer 2013 Nail Polishes

[ Edited ]

What do you think of the new Chanel summer polishes? I think they are all gorgeous but I really like Azure and Bel-Argus. They are so pretty and unique!!! I feel like Lilis  is easily dupeable but gorgeous nonetheless. I did a bit of research and I found exact dupes of Azure and Bel-Argus. The dupes are:

Nicole by OPI Modern Family Collection

Candid Cameron (Azure)

What's the Mich-uation (Bel- Argus)

(These came out in January but are still available wherever NOPI is sold)

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Scarab (Azure)

dannyc

Re: Chanel L'ete Papillon Summer 2013 Nail Polishes

I agree with the other two ladies... original is always better. I have dupes of the LE shades I own so I don't use them all up, but hate most of them & just end up using the Chanel. 

starletta8

I'm also not the person to ask because I'm loyal to the original.  That said, I understand why people need lower priced dupes.

I've tried to use dupes but invariably I go back and get the Chanel because of the overall quality.  I've been wearing Bel-Argus and Azure on my toes and find them to be quite special and unique.

beautylovingirl

I'm probably not the best person to ask on this because I love all Chanel polishes:smileyhappy:

ilovetopurplefy

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love looking at all the different colors of Chanel polish and lusting over them but sadly I can't afford them since I have a part time job, and I'm finishing high school so I'm on a budget. I like to look for dupes of Chanel polishes to save money. The most I've ever spent on a nail polish is 8.50 which is my only Illamasqua polish and the least is 50 cents which is Sinful Colors and half of my OPIs. When Chanel came out with Peridot I really liked it but it was way out of my budget. But when other brands started coming out with cheaper dupes that were exact I was happy that I could have that color. My mom taught me that it's best to wait if I want to purchase something expensive because usually a cheaper better alternative will come or the thing I want will be on sale a month or two later if it's limited edition. That's how I purchase holiday palettes from Sephora. They usually come out around October and they go on sale the day after Christmas. But I'm hoping they'll buy me a few Chanel polishes as a graduation gift if they refuse to get me the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones I've been asking for.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • ilovetopurplefy
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8