kimmi1115

Back into the Acrylic Practice and Nail Art

I rarely did nail art during the Fall semester.  I definitely did not have any time for practicing with acrylic.  I have missed both so much!  It was so nice to sit down and play with acrylic and polish after working on some of my Winter class stuff.  

I still have a long ways to go with acrylic, but I didn't make too big of a mess lol.

1518642_774069015940189_1036929205_n.jpg

I still have a hard time with creating the rounded area built up at the stress point.  Fitting for my index finger has always been awkward.  It's just an awkward nail lol.  I wish I could post my Instagram video of my hand with the untrimmed nail tips.  "The Claw" went after the critters lol.  :smileyvery-happy:

I kept the nail art simple and festive.  The green's formula isn't great for creating thin lines, but all that matters is that it's a Christmas green.

1530318_774720269208397_1664001686_n.jpg

I used:

Zoya Nidhi (red on pinky)

OPI An Affair in Red Square (red on middle)

China Glaze Ruby Pumps (red on thumb)

Zoya Ivanka (green)

and two Sephora by OPI golds.  I can't recall the names since they're mini bottles lol.

lylysa

Re: Back into the Acrylic Practice and Nail Art

I think your work with acrylics is coming along superb!!! I can see progress already! Go Kimmi!!!!

I think with the tips and getting them round, try having most of that done during the shaping with the filing process. If you end up with a touch of acrylic that "hangs" or covers over the tip of the nail, leave it so you can use that as a friendly buffer zone.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks, everyone!

anaa

They look so pretty...nice job!

sp2001

oh no :smileysad: seeing this reminds me of how pretty acrylic looks

swanbeauty

Nice to see you posting again!  The acrylic practice is coming along nicely!!  I don't know how you do it all by yourself!

DTalksAll

Pretty Holiday nails!!!!!!! <3

Kimmi it's so nice to see your nail posts again. I've missed you so much! 

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I've missed everyone on here.  I'm slowly getting back into a log in routine.

Titian06

Hi, kimmi!  It's really nice to hear from you.  I hope your Fall semester went well.  For having had so much time away from acrylics, I really think these are the best you've done so far, and the nail art is quite festive (I like that you used different colors on each nail--I'm not that brave yet!).  :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I've missed playing around with the acrylic.  I need to get a few new items for my "kit."  I wonder if Sally's is having any last weekend before Christmas sales lol.

prettyinpa

Your nails are awesome as usual. Don't feel bad about your index finger, I always end up with a smeared mess on that one with only polish, can't imagine how hard it would be to do acrylic.

Festive colors, it doesn't matter if the green line is wider, I like the effect.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks, prettyinpa!  I think there is something up with the way my index finger nails grow.  They're always shaped a bit different compared to the rest.  

dianabt

yayyyy Kimmi!! I missed your nails (even though I see them on IG) but I think you're still a whiz at those acrylics, mine would look like dinosaur claws or something hahaha :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  The main things I post to IG are nails and animals lol :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • anaa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • lylysa