kimmi1115

3D Nail Art - Thoughts?

We've seen the crackle polish, the beads over polish, and texture polishes.  For quite some time, I've seen people use bigger, 3D nail art pieces, and they're bigger than the typical rhinestones and fimo pieces.  What do you all think of this trend?

Last week, I finally picked up some of the 3D bows I've seen all over Instagram.  I found them at Claire's when I heard the store was now carrying nail art goodies.  Here's a simple one color manicure with a bow for an accent nail.

bow.JPG

The polish is Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter.  I like the bow pieces, and the different colors I have are adorable.  It's too thick to be encased in acrylic like rhinestones and fimo pieces, so I'm interested in seeing how well it holds up.  To make sure it had a really good hold, I used nail glue and Cina bonder and top coat.  I could have probably gotten by with just the Cina bonder.  

Although I like the trend (or whatever you want to call it), I think it can be easy to go overboard with it.  If someone applied two bows to every single nail, I think it would look tacky.  I'd also wonder how the person didn't yank her hair out with all of those bows lol.

kimmi1115

Re: 3D Nail Art - Thoughts?

Thanks, and I agree that one bow on every finger would be too much, too.  Sometimes it's best to keep things simple.

sephoralovex

I love it! Super cute color and the 3D design is perfect. 

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  So far they are holding up well.

ChicDabbler

So cute! It's 3D but the simple color scheme made it very all-occasions.

Yeah, there are some suuuper gorgeous 3D nail art, but I can't imagine wearing them unless you don't do ANYTHING with your hands. And I'm not rich/spoiled enough to have somebody else do my hair for me...or even, ok, you are suppose to wash your hand after you go to the bathroom, I would be so paranoid that some dirt/bacteria is stuck in the crevices....o.o

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  Lol!!  I was thinking the same things.  So far, I have been able to do everything fine with my hands.  I think since the bows are on my ring fingers, they're not really in the way compared to if they were on my index fingers or thumbs.  I was also able to write like normal, too.  Meat Head and Brutus didn't even knock the bows off lol.  They were more interested in sniffing me since I volunteered at the humane society yesterday lol.

arielaaaaaaaa

I love it!!! The Bow isn't too big and too out there. It's works when it's something cute and simple like that! I actually practiced with making 3D nail art! If i can find the picture i will show you! I made turtles, sun flowers, and bees! But i personally can't wear acryllics so i could never wear it!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  On the ASP dvd that came with my first kit, it showed a brief segment on creating 3D nail art with color acrylic.  Is that how you made yours?  I would love to see a picture if you can find it!

arielaaaaaaaa

Okay here they are. Bad quality!! It was my first time playing around with acrylics for nail art purposes. 

148761_3375258095093_31292236_n.jpg

542287_3514677660495_1501982271_n.jpg

kimmi1115

Those are so cute!!  I love the turtle and the sunflower!  This may be a dumb question, but did you secure the nail tips to anything while you practiced on them?  I remember you said the plastic hand was a waste of money, and I've read other people said the same thing on review sites.

arielaaaaaaaa

Nope. i didn't secure them to anything. I just laid them down and kept a finger on it so it wouldn't move. I tried making flowers but its something I just can't do! I dont know what it is about a flower thats soooo hard! I had a snooty instructor who was saying its not hard! And so I handed her the nail and brush and said okay, show Me. She couldn't do it! Lol

kimmi1115

LOL!!  That is hilarious that your instructor couldn't do it!  It sounds like she needs to watch what she says.  I have some natural shade tips by a different brand that I can practice on.  I want to work on enclosing fimo pieces, so I'll use pieces I don't care too much for.

arielaaaaaaaa

Yeah thats a good way to practice. I had a guest instructor come show us how to enclose Acrylic nail art. She was amazing. She made flowers and then enclosed them in the nail with clear acrylic. It was amazing!

rikkie

I love the colors of the sunflowers! I think the turtle is cute too! 

arielaaaaaaaa

Yeah. They aren't the best, lol! And the pictures aren't great quality. I had a bad phone at the time but as soon as I can get on my laptop I will put them up. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • lylysa