Answer
pariah
nail polish removal, what gives?

why are some colors so hard to get off? 4 days ago I painted my nails, I used the same base coat and top coat that I always use, and a new china glaze color i got. now here I am using the nail nail polish remover I always use, and I can't get this stuff off. I've been at it for 45 minutes now, and i've only got one hand nail polish free. I even poured some in a bowl and let my nails soak.

i don't get why some shades do this. I have one UD, another china glaze, 2 OPI, and 1 Orly that do this as well, and a million other bottles that don't. and I can't figure out why some do this and others don't. this is a shimmery blue, the other china glaze is a creme blue, the UD is a metallic gold/silver, the OPI's are a dark glittery blue, and a creme purple, and the Orly is a dark color i cant really describe with lots of glitter, so it's not the color or the finish that cause the issue.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lt369
Answered

To get rid of glittery nail polishes, a friend gave me a pretty good tip: instead of using cotton, use felt material. You can get the felt material from art supply stores and cut it up into small pieces. The felt is a little more abrasive than cotton and is a great approach to efficiently get rid of the glittery nail polishes.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • lt369
    • pariah
    • pandapple6