Answer
pandapple6
Summer Nails
[ Edited ]

I tried out a flower nail design, but I kind of messed it up by doing it quickly :smileytongue: I don't know if you can see but it is a hot pink nail base and a purple flower. nails.jpg

Post any designs that you come up with that are floral or summery! :smileyvery-happy:

How I did the nails:

1) Paint a hot pink base on your nails

2) Take a toothpick and smash one end on the ground or a hard flat surface so the tip is flattened (a nail dotter works as well)

3) Take a piece of paper and put a bit of purple nail polish on it

4) Take the smashed end of the toothpick and put 5 dots in a circle on the nail

5) Take the other pointy end of the toothpick and drag from the center of the dots into the center

6) I used a glitter top coat and you can't see the design well so, use a clear polish

ps. yes that is a hello kitty bow in the last pict! It is a hair bow but i was using it as a ring lol :smileywink: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
waterae
Answered

Hi! I love this new effect- it's a trendsetter! "Marbelized" nails look so cool!here's a pic:

images.jpg

The instructions can be found at Cosmopolitian's website. Many variations can be made, and they are simple to use. Hope this helped! :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115
Answered

Cute!!!  I have yet to try to draw flowers like that with a toothpick.  I'll have to get around to it soon! 

I painted my nails yesterday with Sephora by O.P.I. in Slushied.  It's one of the Glee colors.  Although I don't watch Glee, the polish was on sale for 4 bucks lol.  The shade reminds me of cotton candy and the title makes me want to go to Weigal's for a slushie lol.

haylolo
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Super cute!

What's the name/brand of the color you used for a base? I really love it!

smartmint
Answered
(0) Hearts

So cute! and im lovin ur ring!

tiffanybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

This look is too adorable! I love how you use the HK bow as a ring. :smileyhappy: Keep the looks coming. 

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Very, very cute!!!  You always have the most interesting ideas for nails!  I have a hard enough time just trying to keep my polish off my skin, ha ha!

:smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • waterae
    • tiffanybt
    • pandapple6
    • kimmi1115
    • haylolo
    • smartmint