Answer
kimmi1115
Rainbow Gradient for the End of Summer

With the summer nearing its end, I decided to let the bright colors go out with a bang.  However, I probably will wear brights from time to time lol.  I also tried out a different graident technique.  I usually work with one color at a time to build it up, but this time I applied all three colors to the sponge and worked with it from there.  Since this was a bit of an experiment, the blue shade stained my cuticles and skin.  Talk about a stubborn shade!  Oh well, the experiment was fun after that day I had at school (I did this on Friday).

Rainbow Gradient with Watermark.jpg

In order to shorten the process since I was working with neons, I applied a base color of China Glaze White on White.  The colors I used were my OPI Nicki Minaj minis, which I absolutely LOVE!!!  The colors are Fly (blue), Did It On 'Em (yellow-green), and Pink Friday (pink, I've bought a full size of it now lol).  I still used the wedge makeup sponges, and I went over each nail about 3 times until it popped enough.  I've been using a different top coat lately.  It's the Out the Door topcoat from Sally's.  My Seche Vite was getting gloopy, so it was time for a new one lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
dianabt
Answered

So very pretty!!! I really love this and want to try the gradient process. It looks like I need to get my screen on some YouTube tutorials and step by steps as I'd like to try something fun for my birthday coming up! I just haven't had the time to figure out how to do gradient nails just yet.. I love these! They remind me of popsicles or lollipops from theme parks when I was a kid. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Gymchic365
Answered

W.O.W. That is amazing! It looks really cool and fun. What a great way to send off the summer! :smileyhappy:

~Gymchic

ChicDabbler
Answered
[ Edited ]

Your skin/cuticle does not look stained. One question, how do you make sure there's no bump when you are applying multiple colors? because when I tried to do gradient or marble or the yin/yang nail, there are always little bump and semi-visible patches where I was trying to fix things. =X

On another note, you asked about the Kat Von D polish, so here it is

2012-09-09 11.51.25.jpg

Ignore the peeling off mint nail and the bumpy marble nail. the KVD polish is blue-ish purple with pink glitter. I just applied 1 coat, which is what you saw there, but if you apply more coat, the polish color comes through more and the purple look less pink. If you want it, there is a possibility of it appearing online, but I know some stores still have them, and on sale, too. =)

p.s. That's the limit of my nail expertise, but I tried these on Sephora sample jars and really like them, you might enjoy them, too. =)

http://www.refinery29.com/holiday-nail-art-diy

lexikaye
Answered

I agree with Hannico! You NEED to make tutorials! :smileyvery-happy:

LexiKaye<3

Hannico
Answered
WOW! Your nails always look so great! Do you do tutorial videos at all? I'd really love to see how you do them.
lexikaye
Answered

Kimmi, these are so awesome! That gradient technique seems hard, I have never tried that out before, but you sure make me want to! lol. You should seriously become a nail artist, you are so good at it! Fun look, especially for the end of the summer (:

I can't wait to see what you do next!

LexiKaye<3

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 29 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • lexikaye
    • Gymchic365
    • Hannico