Answer
matildafs
Nail Polish Colors for the Summer

I need good nail polish in good colors for the summer, because my nail polish is not good! HELP! My nails keep on breaking and peeling at the ends. I need something to fix it!

And if you can give nail design ideas, I would appreciate it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
jaide1296
Answered

Hmm for summer colors I would stick with more brighter fun colors such as turquoise, orange, and maybe a bright red? Colors that would compliment a nice tan. Make sure to buff and apply acetone over the nails before applying polish, this will prevent faster nail growth, so polish wont chip as easily.  Also I reccomend OPI or Essie i know its pricier but trust me its worth it. Seal with a good top coat, my favorite top coat is Seche Vite- It dries super fast, keeps nails shiny and makes the color stay on forever!

mightyclassy07
Answered

Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, butter London's Slapper and Trout Pout, Nails Inc.'s Baker Street, any of the new Thakoon collection from NARS, Orly's Orange Punch and Frisky, any of China Glaze's Electropop collection are all beautiful summer-y shades.  Also I've really loved Milani's and American Apparel's Neon polishes this season.  Not high end at all but still fun and quality.

I'm not big into complicated nail art but I love wearing a different color or glitter polish on my ring finger.  It's subtle but still fun. Milani's Lavender glitter polish is especially unique to me.  Hope this helps!

kimmi1115
Answered

Bright colors are perfect for summer, and it's easy to find one to complement a bathing suit!  One of my new favorite brights is
China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy!

coolmom3
Answered

Have you tried Gelish?  It cures in a UV light but they have some fabulous colors.  The only thing is, I would go to Amazon.com to see if people posted pics of their nails as the color swatches provided online quite differ from the actual color.  I just ordered Up in the Blue color-great!  These strengthen nails and last two weeks at least! 

melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Matildafs,

For splitting nails, I suggest the Sephora by OPI Nail Treatment - 3 in 1 Base, Top, & Strengthener. If your nails keep on breaking and pealing, you might want to check in with your doctor! (just in case) For summer, I think bright colors look great because they add a fun pop of color. Another trend is painting your index finger or pinking with a different shade.

Ciate Paint Pots Nail Polish

Cupcake Queen - hot pink

Ciaté - Paint Pots Nail Polish

COLOR Big Yellow Taxi - light yellow

OLOR Skinny Jeans - electric blue

Illamasqua Nail Varnish

COLOR Nudge - mint pale blue ice-cream/ gloss finish

Illamasqua - Nail Varnish

COLOR Lament - bright coral pink/ glossy finish

COLOR Obsess - bright fuchsia pink/ glossy finish

<3 Melissa
26ten
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love bright fun colours for the summer. Unfortunately I work at a bank so my nail polish choices cannot be as bright and daring as I would like. I'm a huge fan of corals and orange-reds, I find that they compliment a broad spectrum of colours. A year-round staple that I love is a pale pink - it's so classic and feminine. 

If you're getting annoyed that your manicure isn't lasting I would suggest trying Shellac or Gelish. It's a little bit pricey but it is definitely worth the money, and you'll have a perfect manicure for over a week. But if you find a really great top coat, like Seche Vite, it'll help your nail polish last a lot longer before it starts chipping.

projulie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

Have you tried the ombre nail affect? It's super trendy right now and it's a great way to keep your nails stylish even if they are chipping.

You can easily create this with a few shades of nail polish going light to dark, then add a glitter top coat on top.

I like to use the OPI gliter topcoats to freshen up my nails if they are chipping.

product imageSephora by OPI Jewelry Top Coat.

My favorite is the copper one. I like to use it on the tips or slanted onto one side. Because I don't have a lot of time to do my nails on a regular, these are a great fix and an excellent way to achieve the ombre affect.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • coolmom3
    • kimmi1115
    • melissabt
    • mightyclassy07
    • projulie
    • jaide1296
    • matildafs
    • 26ten