Answer
ilovetopurplefy
Matte or glossy nails?
[ Edited ]

What do you prefer? Matte or glossy nails?  I like to put a glossy top coat on my nails most of the time but lately I've been rocking matte nails. I just really like the look of them. I always use a cream polish when I use a matte topcoat because I personally think it looks better. :smileyhappy: Currently on my nails I have theBalm Hot Ticket nail polish in Counterfeit (a dark gray green) with Essie Matte About You over it and I really like it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 9
janinebt
Answered

I never really got into the matte trend. I feel like it looks alright when used in nail art projects, but I personally favor glossy polish over it. If I had to paint my nails with a matte polish I'd probably stick to dark colors like gray, black, eggplant, etc.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
DrProducts
Answered

I never really got into it either (though I own a vat of polishes which include a few mattes. I do like it when women go all the way with a dark matte and keep it simple. Then again, those who flaunt strange combox are also applauded!

Jessithediva
Answered

Personally,I prefer glossy nails (just by a little bit) becuz I just lovvvee the shiny finish and matte nails look great  but idk...I might eventually try them out!

- Jessi <3

dianabt
Answered

I love my new matte top coat but did a gradient nail (my first ever!) and it wasn't working with the matte coat I put on after it was dry!

I think it depends on your mood or the look/shades you are using, matte's are great for darker shades and I love how they look! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa
Answered
I like glossy nails. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but matte polish always seems to chip faster than glossy for me. If I use matte on my toes, it looks like I've been at the beach and got my polish all scratched, it's not a great look.
melissabt
Answered
[ Edited ]

I am personally a glossy nail person. I dont like frost in any of the nail polishes I use! Glitter is fine though:smileyhappy: I just got the Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Varnish, which I cannot wait to try. I saw a few pictures of it online and it has more a matte finish.

<3 Melissa
lexikaye
Answered

I prefer glossy nails, I just love the shine! But now that I think about it, I dont think I even own a matte nail polish.. I just have a ton of glossy polishes! If I did though, I would so wear it! lol

LexiKaye<3

ChicDabbler
Answered

I don't understand why people want to matte since I don't think they'd look good, but Kimmi did a nail post with matte dark red and I L.O.V.E.D it!!! However, I will stick with gloss because the shinier it is, the easier it is to hide imperfections, and I'm a sloppy/lazy nail person.

elizbeth1972
Answered

Glossy for sure :-)

Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 27 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • antoine0000
    • janinebt