Fall Nail Art

One thing I love about Fall is when the leaves change colors.  I used that as my inspiration for my nails this week.

fall 3.jpg

fall 2.jpg

fall 1.jpg

I hate how my hands look pale in the kitchen light lol.  Anyway, I wanted my tips to be the focal point.  I used Sephora by OPI Nail Strenghner as a base coat which also give the nail bed a nice, slight shine.  On my tips, Fingerpaints Cordur-Orange from the Fall Fashionista collection.  It's a nice red orange that is great for Fall.  If I saw a smudge or anything, I used Avon's Smudge Corrector.  At the base of the orange, I used Stripe Rite in a glittery red for a slight pop.  Finally, I finished it off with China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.  I have another idea for Fall nail art that I want to try next weekend.  Hopefully it'll go as planned.

Supplies I used:

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation

Hi, kimmi!  You inspired me to actually whip out the cell phone camera and take a shot of my fall nail colors.  I haven't taken any photos in a while, but hopefully you'll be able to tell enough from the photo to see the color.  The darker color is a really pretty purple-brown color and the other is an OPI color with glitter in it--sorry I can't think of the name right now, ha ha.  Anyway, here's the photo:
Fall Nail Colors 2011.jpg
Yeah, I got a little messy around the cuticle area, but I didn't have time to take the mistake-pen out and do a clean-up job, ha ha.  Anyway, just wanted to share my fall colors with you all.
Smiley Happy

Very pretty!! I love that purple-brown color! The glitter in the other color gives it a good pop. Is the design what I've heard people call a "half moon" or something like that, or am I thinking of something completely different? I had Biology lecture this morning so my brain is scrambled lol.
Yeah, it's called either a "half moon manicure" or a "moon manicure" and there's probably other names for it, too. The purple-brown color is Ulta Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in "Fine Pruned" and the sparkly color is OPI Nail Lacquer in a special edition shade they put out a while back called "DS Diamond". I like the colors because they blend with just about anything I wear so I don't have to change out my polish except for when it actually needs it, ha ha. I've gotten really lazy when it comes to painting my nails. Smiley Happy
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 18 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
  • fall 3.jpg
  • fall 2.jpg
  • fall 1.jpg
  • supplies.jpg
  • Fall Nail Colors 2011.jpg