Answer
kimmi1115
Fall Nail Art

One thing I love about Fall is when the leaves change colors.  I used that as my inspiration for my nails this week.

fall 3.jpg

fall 2.jpg

fall 1.jpg

I hate how my hands look pale in the kitchen light lol.  Anyway, I wanted my tips to be the focal point.  I used Sephora by OPI Nail Strenghner as a base coat which also give the nail bed a nice, slight shine.  On my tips, Fingerpaints Cordur-Orange from the Fall Fashionista collection.  It's a nice red orange that is great for Fall.  If I saw a smudge or anything, I used Avon's Smudge Corrector.  At the base of the orange, I used Stripe Rite in a glittery red for a slight pop.  Finally, I finished it off with China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.  I have another idea for Fall nail art that I want to try next weekend.  Hopefully it'll go as planned.

Supplies I used:

supplies.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tenngal
Answered

Hi, kimmi!  You inspired me to actually whip out the cell phone camera and take a shot of my fall nail colors.  I haven't taken any photos in a while, but hopefully you'll be able to tell enough from the photo to see the color.  The darker color is a really pretty purple-brown color and the other is an OPI color with glitter in it--sorry I can't think of the name right now, ha ha.  Anyway, here's the photo:
Fall Nail Colors 2011.jpg
Yeah, I got a little messy around the cuticle area, but I didn't have time to take the mistake-pen out and do a clean-up job, ha ha.  Anyway, just wanted to share my fall colors with you all.
:smileyhappy:

kimmi1115
Very pretty!! I love that purple-brown color! The glitter in the other color gives it a good pop. Is the design what I've heard people call a "half moon" or something like that, or am I thinking of something completely different? I had Biology lecture this morning so my brain is scrambled lol.
tenngal
Yeah, it's called either a "half moon manicure" or a "moon manicure" and there's probably other names for it, too. The purple-brown color is Ulta Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in "Fine Pruned" and the sparkly color is OPI Nail Lacquer in a special edition shade they put out a while back called "DS Diamond". I like the colors because they blend with just about anything I wear so I don't have to change out my polish except for when it actually needs it, ha ha. I've gotten really lazy when it comes to painting my nails. :smileyhappy:
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 18 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kimmi1115
    • nanobear18
    • smartmint
    • dianabt
Photos5
  • fall 3.jpg
  • fall 2.jpg