Answer
springharvest
Butter Nail Polish

Has anyone used Butter's British Racing Green nail polish - or another of their darker shades?  I read that it leaves a light stain and wanted to ask if anyone has had an experience with it ... thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 8
niki24
Answered
[ Edited ]

I have used Butter's Knackered and it did leave a bit of a stain. It didn't smell awful and it is a lot safer than other brands. I thought it was difficult to apply for $15. If I am spending that much, it better go on like the name implies. Not to mention, it chipped quickly.

KnackeredFinal_converted.jpg

1HappyGal
Answered

I actually have British Racing Green & I haven't had any issue with stainning.  I've only had staining issues with La Moss & I always use a base coat.  I've also not had any issues with wear.

lylysa
Answered

I love their polishes, but have yet to try that shade. If your worried about staining, be sure to use a base coat and then maybe even do one coat of black or white underneath so you have an opaque color to further protect your nail bed!

seraphim85
Answered

I've never had a problem with any of their polishes, but I also always use a base coat.

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have some of their polishes but not the racing green, but I reallly like them would purchase more. Hope this helps!

vh702
Answered
(0) Hearts

For any dark nail polish its always best to add a base coat first

brittieeee
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have tried the Butter nail polish brand before that I borrowed from a friend.  It wasn't the british racing green color, it was a purple glitter polish.  And I found it to be a very poor quality and the polish did not last long at all (but no stain.)  Good thing I did not purchase it because it is one of the more expensive brands, IIRC. 

selfishwarrior
Answered
(0) Hearts

Always use a basecoat, especially with dark colors, and if you have problems with staining even with a basecoat, try rubbing a lemon across your nails. The acid lifts the stain. 

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • niki24
    • lylysa
    • seraphim85
    • beautylovingirl
    • 1HappyGal
    • brittieeee
    • springharvest
    • vh702