Answer
Butter Nail Polish

Has anyone used Butter's British Racing Green nail polish - or another of their darker shades?  I read that it leaves a light stain and wanted to ask if anyone has had an experience with it ... thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 8
Answered
[ Edited ]

I have used Butter's Knackered and it did leave a bit of a stain. It didn't smell awful and it is a lot safer than other brands. I thought it was difficult to apply for $15. If I am spending that much, it better go on like the name implies. Not to mention, it chipped quickly.

KnackeredFinal_converted.jpg

Answered

I actually have British Racing Green & I haven't had any issue with stainning.  I've only had staining issues with La Moss & I always use a base coat.  I've also not had any issues with wear.

Answered

I love their polishes, but have yet to try that shade. If your worried about staining, be sure to use a base coat and then maybe even do one coat of black or white underneath so you have an opaque color to further protect your nail bed!

Answered

I've never had a problem with any of their polishes, but I also always use a base coat.

Answered
(0) Hearts

I have tried the Butter nail polish brand before that I borrowed from a friend.  It wasn't the british racing green color, it was a purple glitter polish.  And I found it to be a very poor quality and the polish did not last long at all (but no stain.)  Good thing I did not purchase it because it is one of the more expensive brands, IIRC. 

Answered
(0) Hearts

Always use a basecoat, especially with dark colors, and if you have problems with staining even with a basecoat, try rubbing a lemon across your nails. The acid lifts the stain. 

Answered
(0) Hearts

I have some of their polishes but not the racing green, but I reallly like them would purchase more. Hope this helps!

Answered
(0) Hearts

For any dark nail polish its always best to add a base coat first

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
Photos1
  • KnackeredFinal_converted.jpg