Answer
kimmi1115
Breast Cancer Awareness Nails

This didn't exactly come out as I wanted, but I did learn a lesson from it: Chunky glitter polish is NOT for detailed work lol.

breast cancer awareness nails.JPG

It was hard to capture all four of the pinks I sponged on to my nails, but they are there.  That's one reason why my cuticles are a bit messy, but it came off in the shower lol.  Here's what I used (even though it's hard to tel):

IMG_0016.JPG

Bridge the Ridge Base Coat

China Glaze White on White

Orly Cotton Candy

OPI If You Moust, You Moust

OPI A-Rose from the Dead

OPI Pink Friday

IMG_0017.JPG

Rhinestones (love rhinestones! :smileyvery-happy:  )

China Glaze Material Girl  (aka pain in the butt for detail work)

LA Colors Art Deco in Silver Glitter  (glitter that is formulated for art, and it only cost me a buck at Dollar General lol)

Although it's kinda hard to tell in the picture, the colors are sponged on together randomly with a makeup sponge.  Kind of like the effect people do to their walls.  I still miss my long nails, but I've already noticed some growth! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
berniebeauty
Answered

Yeah, its a short nail life for us. Lucky for you, it seems that you have wider nails than me, so when mine are short I can barely do anything on them haha.

I like the design, how you carried it between the nails, and I really like the rhinestones

~We are all beautiful~

ChicDabbler
Answered

Yeah, chunky glitters are a bit clumsy.

I actually like your nail at that length. That's like the perfect length for me. I am guilty of cutting them super short since I type on computer all day and I'm too lazy/busy to cut my nails every week. =X. That length is long enough for nail art, but short enough to be convinient, unfortunately, that's also the length when my nails start touching the keyboard and I cut them due to annoyance. Yeah, it's a part of me that I haven't figure out how to deal yet.

dianabt
Answered

I really like that glittery pink China Glaze! SO cute and pretty, plus I like that you're recognizing BCA!! I have a few of the Art Deco polishes and they're super great for doing specific details and decorations. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for sharing with us! I painted my nails a pale pink but it came out sort of peachy coral, I think it will look better once I add some sparkles :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
melissabt
Answered

Very cute, Kimmi! Very creative too:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
prettyinpa
Answered
Great look, I like how you carried the design from one finger to the next. I like your shorter nail looks you post, I can't grow mine much past finger end length because I am always breaking them. Even wearing work gloves, I'm hard on my nails, that's why I have to do my fancy nail looks on my toes!
bijouxkristyna
Answered

So awesome!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 13 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • bijouxkristyna
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt