ellacen
Accepted Solution

which are the more luxuarious make up brands?

Hi I would like to know which of the make ups are of both better quality and "brand name ".
Say I love MAC's, but I started out to use them as a teen as they are more affordable. I now have my own career I am looking for something more of the upper end if you know what I mean. Thanks for any suggestions.
ellacen

Re: which are the more luxuarious make up brands?

(0) Hearts
Thanks for the suggestions. I cannot agree more that more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better quality. But I guess most brands do have a target clientele. And sometimes sadly we just couldn't help but be a brand sucker.
chauncie

Top Pick:

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty-'The Sensual Skin Enhancer'...its a foundation and it comes in a very small jar, but it will last you for AGES!!! all you need is a pea size for your whole face. It retails for $45 and you can get it a nordstrom.

Dior:

The lip glosses are amazing. They are so lovely. The glosses retail from $28-30

Chanel:

The "Illusion D'Ombre" long-wear eyeshadows are the best cream eyeshadows Ive used. They are beautiful, and they retail for $36.

Sunday Riley:

You can find these products on sephora.com. I havent tried anything from this line, but a lot of people have been saying good things about it!

One more that I can think of is "Clé de Peau". I havn't used anyting from that brand yet, but I know that they charge $60 for a lipstick...and around $80 for some tinted mouisterizer lol.

But like everyone else has been saying, more expensive does not equal better quality. But if expensive is what you are after, "Clé de Peau" is pretty pricy!!!

Good luck!!!

katie1724

I second beautytester in that more expensive does not always equal higher quality -- but some of the best quality makeup I have ever found has been from:

Burberry (a really, really impressive line)

NARS

Chantecaille

Chanel

Armani Beauty

(All of the above are higher-end except that NARS is more mid-range)

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@katie1724  My nearby Sephora in JCP must not have many of the super high end brands, because I thought NARS was in that category lol.  I'm fairly certain that's the most expensive brand it carries (not counting the various brands of perfumes).  MUFE would probably be second.  However, I haven't been there in a while, so they may have changed some things out since they were p