onomotopoeia9

what's the kat von d lock it foundation hype all about?

(0) Hearts

I've heard its name so often and it hasn't been in the stores recently so It looks like online would be the only option for me for the time being...but is it really that great? What's given it such a great reputation?

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: what's the kat von d lock it foundation hype all about?

I'm interested in this as well. I'm waiting to run out of foundation so i can get it. I'm curious how it will work with my dry skin. The Tarte Foundation is full coverage which covers well but it wasn't moisturizing a bit so it emphasizes dry spots. MUFE HD foundation works good for me but i really have to build it up to get full coverage and then it looks cakey. But doesn't make my dry spots stand out. So i think my next foundation purchase will be the Kat Von D!!

starletta8

I'll jump in on this since I've been slightly perplexed by the hype myself- how does it compare to MUFE, for example?  That's a full coverage foundation- but I had a terrible experience with it.  In my experience, full coverage has usually meant clogged pores and breaking out- does the KVD do the same?

mommyto4

I do receive great coverage from MUFE, but Kat Von D is FULL coverage.  Nothing gets past it.  I don't have acne but I do have a million freckles.  And you can't see any of them when I use KVD, you can when I use MUFE.  I like it because it lasts all day.  I haven't had any breakouts from KVD.  I don't know about others though.

kenny

It's the best full coverage foundation out there! You need only a little to cover your whole face, and you rarely have to use concealer with it. It really is wonderful if you need lots of coverage or even just want a truly flawless complexion. It finishes to a soft matte without looking too heavy or flat. It also is incredibly long-lasting; it will last throughout the whole day and lasts through nights of dancing! Plus it is on the cheaper end of the price spectrum as far as higher end brands go.

Daniela1387

This foundation is extremely popular if you go to YouTube n type in kat Von d foundation demo ull be able to see what the hype is about. As mentioned its fulllll coverage so for ppl who have a lot of stuff they wanna conceal or for those who jus like the completely flawless finish this is something they want. My sephoras in my area literally have one or two bottles left of maybeeee 2 out of however many shades the foundarion comes in....its thatttt popular. I was curious myself to see how it works so when I went to sephora for a sample in my skin tone n was told its been out of stock for a while n they didn't kno when they were getting more

melissabt

Hi Onomotopoeia9,

I think people really like it because, it's a unique foundation. It has FULL coverage and dries to a matte finish. It looks flawless on the skin and a little bit goes a long way. I use about a pump or half of a pump to cover my entire face. We were sold out of it for so long because, it was extremely popular!

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • kenny
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melissabt
    • onomotopoeia9
    • mommyto4