Answer
242girl
wedding make up

Im getting married in may in the Bahamas havent found anyone to do my makeup yet and don't think there is anyone that does it. So i think im going to do it my self. Kinda worried i o a great job for  a everyday look. But I want to look the best i can on my day. Any one have any advice on what to do ? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
janinebt
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi 242girl,

Aw congrats on your upcoming wedding! How exciting :smileyhappy:. When it comes to wedding makeup, a bride's goal should be to bring out her best features, sometimes less is more. I usually recommend that brides keep their eyeshadow minimal. I would suggest sticking with neutrals, which compliment any wedding ensemble.The Urban Decay Naked Palette and The Too Faced Naked Eye Soft & Sexy Eye Shadow Collection are two very flattering eyeshadow sets that are ideal picks for a bridal look.

Another thing to also keep in mind, certain foundations and/or powders reflect light, this can make your complexion appear hazey or gray in photographs. I would highly recommend using HD products to avoid this from happening. Make Up For Ever has an HD Complete Starter Kit which contains everything needed to successfully pull off a radiant and soft focus looking complexion. The foundation is an ideal option for individuals of all skin types, and will leave your face with an airbrush-like satin finish that will look just as beautiful in person as it does in photos. The kit also contains an facial primer, an HD translucent powder (which should be used sparingly), and a kabuki brush for applying the powder.

Since most weddings include a ceremony and then a celebration, time for touch ups can be minimal. Makeup primers are a bride's best friend. I would highly recommend an eyelid primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion to prevent your shadows from creasing. This stuff is fantastic!

Rather than wearing a lipstick or gloss for your ceremony I would suggest going with a lipstain instead. Lipstains are long lasting and will provide your grin with a beautiful wash of color that will withstand drinking and eating. Tarte has a wonderful line of both matte and luster lip tints.

Using a setting spray once you have finished your makeup will also help in prolonging the wear of your makeup. It will also aid in having the various products that you've used 'melt' together for a more seamless finish. I would recommend using any of the Urban Decay setting sprays, there are three different formulas that are based on one's skin type: dew me (for dry skin), all nighter (for normal/combination skin), and de slick (for oily skin). 

Naked Palette

Naked Eye Soft & Sexy Eye Shadow Collection ($73 Value)

HD Complexion Starter Kit ($109 Value)

Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube

LipSurgence™ Natural Matte Lip Tint

All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray To Go

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • 242girl
    • janinebt