taedavis

waterproof/sweat proof makeup

I'm a lifeguard and I am looking for a foundation that stays put through sweat and swimming. Does anybody know of any good ones? I have combination skin and it is very sensitive.

Also if anyone knows if the waterproof mascara/eyeliner from Makeup Forever is any good?

rosie96

Re: waterproof/sweat proof makeup

(0) Hearts

I have worn Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation through a hot day of swimming in two different pools and it's stayed put beautifully. I also wore it the other day to a 8 hour music festival where it was about 100 degrees and when I returned home it was still flawless. Literally amazing! Would definitely recommend it!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The MUFE Face and body that @Kenny recommended is a great suggestion. That's actually what is  recommended as a top summer foundation on the MUFE web site.

kenny

MUFE Face and Body holds up well against sweat, but not too great with water. A better solution I found was to use Tarte Amazonian clay stick concealer, I do a quick swipe down the center of my face and any areas that need a little more coverage and blend with a buffing brush. This concealer holds up really well with water and sweat.

Tarte's amazonian clay gel liner is also waterproof and is one of the best eyeliners I've used. After a full day at the beach it still looked perfect.  I haven't found a waterproof mascara I really like, all I do is curl my lashes and put a very light coat on, so it won't leave a huge mess.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Hourglass Mineral Veil primer will make just about any makeup waterproof :smileyhappy:

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Taedavis, the only foundation that we have that claims to be waterproof, not water resistant is Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup.  It's an ultra-light, water-based gel that has a very natural finish. :smileyhappy: -Laura

MUFE Face & Body Liquid Makeup.jpg

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Hands down for mascara, Urban Decay's Cannon Ball! I've gone swimming with it on, been through crazy hot and humid days, wear contacts and had to add solution, cried with it, and even showered with it and it stays on!!! I even rubbed my eyes/face after my shower and removed traces of eye shadow and make up, but not a stitch of black from the mascara.

You might want to also look into Tarte (they're great for sensitive skin) and have waterproof cream shadows and liners (in regular pencil and gel/cream forms). Benefit also has some waterproof cream shadows that can also be used as liners (the darker colors at least).

As for foundation, you might consider skipping it.. Though MUFE has their Face & Body make up which is waterproof, but something to keep in mind is that you're not just going to be in regular water, you're in pool water, so you're also facing chemicals and balancers which can work to break down even waterproof/longwear formulas quicker because they're not designed to withstand those factors. On top of that, if your skin is sensitive and you deal with combination prone skin, keeping skin fresh with regular reapplications of sunscreen will be much healthier for your skin. Opt for oil free formulas that are great for combination/sensitive skin (love me some La Roche Posay, which is very thin in texture, absorbs quickly, and also moisturizing and doesn't leave any white or greasy film).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • kenny
    • poshified
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • taedavis
    • rosie96