Answer
melanito
Accepted Solution
tarte clay blush exposed or buff?

Hi

I bought tarte buff lipsurgence and was thinking of getting exposed or the new buff shade of the clay blush to go with it.  On the sephora swatches it looks like the buff is a bit darker. I have very fair skin, dark hair, and blue eyes. I have heard positive reviews from fellow fair skinned girls on exposed and was wondering if anyone has seen the buff and could comment on how it would compare (and if it might be too dark).  Thanks :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I own Exposed, and I have tried Buff (in the store) -- and while both are lovely, there are definitely a few key differences: Exposed is a rosy nude with pink tones, and Buff is more tan / brown / peach, with no noticeable pink. Exposed has a matte finish, whereas Buff has shimmer / glitter. I have the same coloring (very fair / dark hair / blue eyes) and I prefer Exposed because the pink in it flatters my complexion more than tan shades do -- but I'm sure you could make both work. If you have never tried the AC blushes before, definitely use a light hand -- they are pigmented, and a little goes a long way!

I hope this helps you to decide!

melanito
Thanks that helps so much (I forgot to mention I have pink/cool undertones..so i think exposed is the best bet)!!
katie1724
(0) Hearts
I agree! Try them both out, but Exposed is such a unique color. It didn't appeal to me at first at all (I thought it looked dull and brown in the pan), but it really lights up the face in a way you wouldn't expect :smileyvery-happy:
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • melanito