Answer
19blue19
summer makeup
[ Edited ]

What should my summer makeup routine include?

Here's what I'm thinking of but I'm not really sure:

mascara

eyeshadow

eyeliner

blush

tinted moisturizer

lip balm

Is that too much? Any suggestions? Or can you recommend any products (mascara,eyeshadow,eyeliner,blush, tinted moisturizer,lip balm) for summer???? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lylysa
Answered

To 19blye19, for a waterproof mascara in your reply to CrazeeRN below, I've found Urban Decay's Cannonball mascara to be wonders!!!! I like to apply it over my regular mascara just so I don't strictly have a waterproof formula on my lashes alone (waterproof formulas can be a tad more drying or harsh compared to regular formulas because they're made to withstand so much). I once showered with full make up on, rubbed my face and saw streaks of eye shadow and liner but not a smudge of black. I wiped/dabbed my face with my towel and saw more traces of my make up come off, but not a spec of black anywhere, the mascara is truly waterproof! It's not a thick or clumpy formula so you shouldn't have issues layering it over your regular one either.

As for lip balm, I like ones with SPF (Jack Black and Anthony Logistics, the Blood Orange scent is a fave of mine), and if you want something long wearing, try a lip stain like the Lip Surgence pencils from Tarte in a range of finishes and colors.

No matter what products you use, using a great primer under will be your saving grace, so a good foundation and eye shadow primer will make such a difference. What skin type do you have?

crayzeeRN
I haven't tried UD Cannonball yet, I'll check that out! Thanks lylysa :smileyhappy:
19blue19
Thanks lylysa! I have pretty normal skin but it can dry out easily, so I guess maybe dry? But it's not really dry like on my whole face, just in certain spots sometimes. So I'd say normal to dry.
lylysa
(0) Hearts
For blush, I say try some of Tarte's cheek stains! They're loaded with anti-oxidants and easy to blend in their gel-stick formula so it can help nourish your skin and give buildable color. Easy to apply too, no brush needed, and in case of emergencies, tap some onto lips for color. I'm also a fan of shadow sticks. Starletta did a great comparison for a few brands and others in BT posted swatches too!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Comparison-Eyeshadow-Sticks/td-p/496271

I'm a fan of waterproof cream shadows/sticks because you can wear them as liner or smudge them out for shadow that's longwearing and blends out with your fingers so you don't have to carry brushes. It's great to keep a couple in your make up bag whether you're going out, running errands, at the pool/beach, and then have to go somewhere else or change scenes!
Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 14 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • ashhay
    • lylysa
    • crayzeeRN
    • beautylovingirl
    • 19blue19