beeberz

products for an oily t zone?

(0) Hearts

I am looking for a product to use to prevent an oily nose. I have been using becca ever matte poreless primer but it don't last. I tried laura geller real deal primer stick, that dont work. Actually, I have tried countless primers, bb creams, powders, anything that claims it will prevent oilies and i still wind up having to blot and powder like crazy. I suppose it wouldn't be a big deal but i wonder if people notice i have no foundation on my nose but all over the rest of my face.

Is there something skin care wise i should do? Something before makeup i could apply to prevent this?

At the moment I am doing dior hydra life moisturizer, urban decay B6 spray, urban decay naked skin foundation then i put tarte smooth operator powder over that. Now since i have a mini of smooth operator powder, i do dust mid day to keep it down to a minimum but am I asking too much to not have to touch up at all? I just wonder if this is a possibility with the right combination of products. Thanks for any help!

chouchou07

Re: products for an oily t zone?

(0) Hearts

I spent so much money trying to get the perfect product to keep my nose from shine. then i watched some you tube video and I saw many people using that mary kay. Because it was only $15 dollar I decided to give it a try, and It work out great. It is 17ml i just use a pea size on my nose, and put it on my handbag when going out. 

I really like it because I didn t have to change my skin care products. I love my moisturizer and my primer, so I just add this oil mattifier on nose and i am good to go

orkira

(0) Hearts

I have an oily t-zone and for my morning moisturizer I have been using the Murad Balancing Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF which really seems to help control the oil on my t-zone all day but I do use it along with the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation and I have not had to blot once yet and I've been using these together now for over a few months and couldn't be happier.  :smileyhappy:

http://www.sephora.com/balancing-moisturizer-broad-spectrum-spf-15-pa-P379902?skuId=1538347

http://www.sephora.com/immaculate-liquid-powder-foundation-mattifying-oil-free-P301802?skuId=1489368

http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-spf-15-P210575?icid2=Hourglass_LP_BrandClassics_Carousel_...

carolang

(0) Hearts

My skin is so oily I cannot use liquid foundation. It has broken through Lancome Teint Idole 24 hour foundatiomn in only a couple hours :smileysad:. Urban decay de-slick spray with bareMinerals works the best for me. However if I want that liquid finish the Tarte 12 hour BB primer is awesome. If you don't need heavy coverage from your foundation this is all you need. It does not look good over any sort of dry skin. It will show flaking even if you don't think your skin looks dry before applying. Less is more - I use the real techniques buffing brush. It covers any leftover acne marks or redness I have, and since it is a primer consistency it fills in pores nicely. Worth getting a sample! And if your skin is very oily blotting or touching up is inevitable, I think.

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I agree with theramenlover, I have the Naked foundation and my skin gets super oily with it. I never get as oily with any other foundation as I do with the  Naked. I would also exchange the B6 spray because it doesn't do anything to control oil. I use UD Deslick and it works amazingly to control oil. It doesn't take away all of it, but a little shine will come through and my skin just looks glowy and not oily. Maybe you could try the Becca Matte foundation with the Deslick and setting powder. I also use Dickinsons witch hazel and I noticed a huge difference in the amount of oil when I started using it. It really helps control oil

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

I use the Becca Ever Matte as well! It's the most potent primer I've tried thus far so I'm not sure what might help :smileysad: I will say that perhaps it's your foundation? I find that the Naked Skin Foundation doesn't last more than 4-5 hours max for me, even with primer + UD Finishing spray over that. I use the De-Slick spray and find that that works better than the All-Nighter and the B6 so perhaps you can give that a shot as well? 

TrysBeautyItems

Are you using a toner, after washing?

A toner will help close pores.

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Scientifically speaking, pores don't close. It's not possible to shrink the size of our pores. Yes, they can become enlarged if there is dirt stuck in them, hence washing our faces/exfoliating but otherwise, there's nothing that can be done to actually close pores! 

Toners can either be used as another form of treatment if the toner has AHAs, etc or they can be used to moisturize the skin as well! :smileyhappy: 

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks, and am aware of this :smileyhappy:

Guess I should have said tighten pores, since they do temporarily shrink; which can give the appearance of smaller pores and less oil to blot.

chouchou07

Mary Kay oil mattifier, sephora doesn't sell it, but you can get it on their website. it cost about $15. I bought mine on amazon. I would just apply it on my t zone before my makeup. It will keep you oil and shine free all day

beeberz

(0) Hearts

ooh thanks for the tip i will go look there now!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • brittany0859
    • beeberz
    • carolang
    • orkira
    • TrysBeautyItems