dollface131313

new eye primer

First off i want to say i already searched the boards before posting this and the last post was a year old so i decided to make a new one .

I've been using urban decay primer potion for years but since they changed the tube it doesn't seem to work as well. It gets all greasy and separates every time i use it i try and mix it but it seems hopeless .

I think i should try another brand preferably around the same price an opinions would be great 

Missie772

Re: new eye primer

(0) Hearts

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is my Holy Grail eye primer. I love love love it for my oily lids! I have tried just about everything under the sun, but once I got a sample of this in a set from Nars, I was hooked!

enableme

(0) Hearts

I really like theBalm's "Put a Lid On It!"

jojobe

I actually prefer Lorac to the NARS. It doesn't seem to wear as fast on my oily lids. I like the UDPP okay. Everyone will have their own preference but I don't like it since they went to the tubes either. I tried the too faced one and it always separated too. I know Sephora no longer carries it, but it is available elsewhere

talinder

(0) Hearts

NARS is the best!

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Nars Pro prime is my HG eye primer :smileyhappy:

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

I was looking for a new primer but unsure which one to get so I went to Sephora and asked for samples of Too Faced, Urban Decay and Tarte. So far it looks like TooFaced is getting lots of votes.

dollface131313

(0) Hearts

thank you so much i think i will try too faced shadow insurance i was looking at their glitter adhesive too if that goes well 

infinitise

I've been using nars for the longest time but I wanted to give it a change. 

Toofaced shadow insurance works surprisingly well. I'm not a fan of their products usually except their bronzers, but it works very well in controlling for the oils, and absorbs really fast 

Titian06

[ Edited ]

I like Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  I've used it for several years now, and it's never let me down.  I used UD Primer Potion (a sample-size tube that came with something), and didn't like it as well; I believe it was the texture.  I ended up using it as a concealer because of the slight yellow tint to it.  It worked much better for that!

lovebaking123

These two tend to be quite popular:

too faced shadow insurance (I know someone who loves this)

http://www.sephora.com/shadow-insurance-P202625

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

http://www.sephora.com/smudge-proof-eyeshadow-base-P261211?skuId=1236843

I have heard lots of good things about both and I was just considering trying the NARS one the other day... I just have to finish more of my current primer potion first. :smileytongue: 

anb0906

kalex

Too Faced is my favorite!  I've never had a problem with it separating and unlike UD, it's never popped the seam at the end of the tube when I squeeze it either.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • kalex
    • jojobe
    • talinder
    • dollface131313
    • ivyxox
    • Missie772