Answer
britt1653
makeup beginner
(0) Hearts

I am a makeup beginner and i need help finding the right foundation for my skin tone .And a good foundation that will look natural and not break me out .

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou:smileyhappy::womanvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
doverin
Answered
(0) Hearts

If you're a make up beginner I say don't bother with foundation, just get a good concealer for red spots/undereye. It is really hard for foundation to look natural and usually when you see girls who are very obviously "made up", it's the foundation giving them away.

Try a tinted moisturizer if you really want a little extra coverage - I like laura mercier. Don't' be afraid to try a bunch, at either sephora or at a department store. Also bring a little mirror and go outside with your favorite one on your face, to make sure it looks good in natural light.

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello!

I think it depends on how old you are; that will determine how much coverage you need. If you're in your early to mid teens, and you don't have problem skin, you probably don't need a full-coverage foundation -- less is definitely more! If this is the case, I would suggest a tinted moisturizer -- a good one that will not break your skin out is by Clinique -- it adds subtle color and glow in addition to being a moisturizer and containing SPF (also key!): http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P122790&categoryId=B70

If you want slightly more coverage than that, Bare Escentuals makes great powder foundations that leave a beautiful finish.

If you are older, and you need / want more coverage, I love Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation -- the formula itself feels sheer and lightweight, but it has great coverage.

** With any of these (perhaps with the exception of tinted moisturizers), it is difficult to find the best shade online, particularly if you are not used to purchasing foundation (as you may not know which tones and hues work best on you). If you live near a Sephora store, I highly recommend going in person -- a Sephora Associate can assess your skin type, needs, color, undertone, etc. to find the perfect match for your skin, both color and formula. They're well trained and happy to assist!

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

kelkish
Answered
(0) Hearts

what type of coverage are you looking for?...during the day i use a concealer with Philosophy The Supernatural. Night look i opt for something more  like Lorac HD w powder or MUFE mat velvet.

iluvthisproduct
Answered
(0) Hearts

:womanwink: heyy!  i just started using my make-up too!  so we are all in this togethr haha...I would start with no foundation and if you really need it i woud use bare minerals because it really lets your skin breathe while providing a nice amount of coverage without looking caked on.  the most amazing concealer to use is Erase Paste by Benefit Cosmetics...so smooth and creamy and perfect camoflauge.  i hope these products wont break u out...they havent for me....hope  this helps xoxo 

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kelkish
    • britt1653
    • doverin
    • iluvthisproduct