lets talk 1 brand: laura mercier!

Hey all! I was wondering about Laura Mercier. What's the good, the bad and the ugly of the brand

Re: lets talk 1 brand: laura mercier!

also to add: i bought a trio of her baked eyeshadows for the holiday season that had black karat, an emerald gold and a champagne gold... they were absolutely stunning swatched and in that trio but do nothing when applied to your eyes with a brush, it just produces no color and just glitters. I found that you really have to use your finger or just use them wet for color, which for me, sucked because i prefer blending shadows and dont like using wet ones at all.

(0) Hearts

I love the loose mineral powder foundation. I wore it today and totally had a, "WHY don't I wear this way, way, way more often?" moment. It makes my skin so glowy and perfect looking. I absolutely never gave mineral powder foundation a second thought before I saw this stuff but I love it. I use the shade Real Sand. 

(0) Hearts

Ok, her lip glaces are amazing! They are nicely pigmented, and creamy without any of the stickyness or tackiness.  The Baked Matte Radiance in Highlight is my go-to highlighter. Gives you the nicest candlelit glow. I only own one of her eyeshadows (color Black Karat) and it is STUNNING! Great great quality, amazing pigmentation and just gorgeous all around. My mom really loves the primer and I would say it is a decent product but not my favorite.

The ugly: I tried her translucent powder and HATED it. It clinged to every dry skin flake on my face, when I used it to set my foundation. Had to return immediately. Her Silk Creme foundation was another disappointment for me. Way too cakey and I feel it accentuated my dry patches. I have fair combination skin, if that matters.

In general her products are pretty good, though. One of my faves.

(0) Hearts

You just missed her F&F sale where everything was 15% off. I have a couple of things by the brand. My favorite is the baked highlighter. I've used the primers but they are nit as amazing as my HG primer. I got a Bonnie stick thing during the F&F sale in coral and it's pretty. I need to play with it more to see if I love it. i feel like it shows imperfections hut a setting powder may do l've that. Her lip gloss is nice too. 

(0) Hearts

She has some great products. 

Her setting powder, concealers, Tinted moisturizer, highlighter, exfoliater, and eye shadows are some of the great products she has, but I personally think they're over priced. 

They are not "wow these are amazing. I want it for the rest of my life" kind of products, just "its one of the better ones in the market" kind of products.. 

especially her limited edition eye shadows went from a pretty reasonable price from end of 2013 collection to wth kind of price sometimes in the mid winter/spring.. The quality of the her eye shadows are very nicely pigmented and smooth to touch, but its not something I would pay "more than Guerlain" kind of price for.. 

omg her African violet eyeshadow is so pretty. The perfect shade of purple with a golden shimmer. Looks pretty on pretty much everyone! all of ther eyshadows are super buttery and highly pigmented. Love her primers too!

(0) Hearts

Oh it is most definitely lovely! African Violet is a keeper!

(0) Hearts

I absolutely love my Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15 in Sunkissed bronze. I bought it a long time ago and still have it. I mainly use it as a bronzer highlighter.

upload_2526496869086355022.jpg

(0) Hearts

I hear a lot of people talk about her tinted moisturizers, silk creme foundation, and the baked matte radiance power. I want her products, but nothing really catches my eye. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_2526496869086355022.jpg