kissXmakeup

kat von d foundation in stock.. for now!

Ladies! Just got an e-mail that the Kat Von D foundation is back in stock. I personally found a better foundation because this one has a lot of pink undertones and I am more yellow undertoned. But I know a lot of you were asking about it! Hurry before its gone!

beautylovingirl

Re: kat von d foundation in stock.. for now!

@queenbee- Just use a finishing powder with a slight amount of color to help enhance the color of your foundation.

drrragon

I've actually been doing something like that lately.  My Lancome Dual Finish Powder Foundation is one or two shades too light, but I use that all over, then use a slightly darker powder foundation to contour with.  The subtle contour saves my skin from looking too pasty or flat even with the lighter foundation on.

I know it sounds weird, but I've been trying to hit pan on those two which is why I've been using them this way....and I actually kinda like the effect! :smileyhappy:

quenbee

@drrragon - Long time no talk!  Thoughts on the Lancôme Dual Finish Powder Foundation? Is it heavy feeling?  Full coverage?  Drying?  I am using the MAC mineralize  skinfinish powder now.  And it rubs off on everything uggghhhh!

drrragon

hey quenbee :smileyhappy:  Yeah things have been a bit frantic at work so no more slacking off and websurfing for me! :smileyvery-happy:  

Hmm, about the Dual Finish....it feels really nice to me, not heavy at all.  For my skin in its current state (combination oily) it's not drying, but I think back when I had really dry skin it might have not looked very good.  The thing I like best is how it sort of melts into my skin after a while.  I mean right after application (I've been using a damp sponge then blending lightly with brush) it does look a bit powdery, but then after a while it seems to work with the natural oils on my skin to turn into a really natural finish.  I do have to blot once or twice during the day though.  In terms of coverage, it's pretty full coverage if applied with damp sponge, but the cool thing about this powder is it's fine/delicate enough to use as just a finishing or sheer powder.

quenbee

Hahaha. Sounds like we work for the same company!  It has been crazy busy for me too! 

The Lancome powder sounds like something I will definitely give it a try especially going into summer!

drrragon

Yeah I'm kind of glad things finally picked up, although I do miss BT a lot!

Oh another cool thing about the Dual Finish (for me anyways) is that they have a fragrance-free version!  Although when I bought a refill tonight (it's Lancome GWP time at Macy's!) I sniffed one of the fragranced ones and it didn't seem as strong as it used to be.

quenbee

I have used some of Lancome's products many years ago (think juicy tubes and a liquid foundation and concealer) and not sure why i stopped.  oh thats right Sephora opened in our mall and didnt carry lancome at the time!  now i remember.   And the powder glad there is an option for no fragrance!  And GWP at Macy's. oh this will not be good!!!

drrragon

I used to think the Teint Idole Ultra (old formula) was my favorite foundation ever, but now I think KVD blows it away.  I loooove Lancome's La Laque Fever glosses though, they have amazing staying power and don't dry out my lips!  If I wasn't already packed up to the gills in eyeshadows I would definitely be buying Lancome palettes, they're gorgeous!  And of course their famous Bi Facil eye makeup remover is awesome.

quenbee

the foundation and concealer I used from Lancôme was photogenic and the skincare was absolue.  I do like the KVD - it has great staying power!  I will have to try the Lancôme lip glosses!  I stopped using Buxom because they were way to drying, and I'm always in the market for a good gloss. I'm with you,  I could not justify buying one more eyeshadow!   Oh yes, bi-facil is definitely a great make up remover!

quenbee

@beautylovingirl - this sounds so much easier than trying to play chemist!   Thank you for the advice. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

dying to know - what is the better foundation that you found?

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation! It is not as thick as the KVD one is and it is a lot more natural looking. I have redness in my cheek area and like to cover that up, so that works really well. It is more medium to full coverage but it is not as cake as the KVD one can be. It is more pricey but I am willing to spend  good money on a good foundation. The Laura Mercier is a perfect skin match for me as well, while the KVD was not. I tried 48,52 & 54 & they all seemed to have pink undertones in them, some more slight than others. I wish it would have worked for me, but it didn't.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

That's good to know I'll have to check that out as well! Though I have extremely oily skin/uneven skintone and texture/and need something very long last lasting. Do you think it will fit in that category? I always want to go with matte finishes. 

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I'm unsure of how it works with Oily Skin, I have slight dry skin with redness in my cheek area.. The foundation has a bit of a dewy finish, definitely not matte! 

redrose04

(0) Hearts

thanks keelybt i'll try it, soo excited.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Redrose04 Try Medium 62 :smileyhappy:

redrose04

(0) Hearts

i'm nc35 in mac what color should I get from kvd? pls help

keelybt

@Queenbee I would recommend trying Light 46, since you have a cool undertone :smileyhappy:

quenbee

(0) Hearts

@keely - got my Kvd foundation in L46 today.  Tried it and love it, but I feel the color is just a tad too light.  Any suggestions on a color that I can mix it with to make just a bit darker Without changing the tone too much?   I do have a lot of yellow in my skin, so I tend to go with the warmer/neutral foundation colors to tone down some of the yellow.

quenbee

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the quick response keely!!!  I'm ordering right now!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • drrragon
    • ashleynne
    • beautylovingirl
    • quenbee
    • kissXmakeup