sephoralovex

is the beauty blender worth it?

I just can't seem to get myself to pay close to $20 for a makeup sponge. I hear all these great reviews, but what makes it so much better then a brush?

Do you think it's worth the $20 or less?

BeautyBarista

Re: is the beauty blender worth it?

(0) Hearts

I was really skeptical at first for spending $20 on a "sponge" so I picked up a cheaper Real Techniques sponge for $5 at Ulta and seemed to work fine. Then one day at Sephora they had Beauty Blenders in the little quick grab section and on an impulse I bought one. I do not regret, I couldn't imagine putting on my liquid foundation with any other brush or tool now. It gives such a soft air brushed finish. At first I thought the Beauty Blender was soaking up a lot of my foundation and then I read the packaging and it stated to use the Beauty Blender wet, which fixed my problem immediately.

shyvicki

(0) Hearts

I just got my first one last week and I am very impressed. I made sure to get the white one since I've heard of the colored ones bleeding. I got it mainly for using with my under-eye concealer. More concealer stays on my skin and almost none is on my sponge when I'm done. I love it.

aggiegirl2012

(0) Hearts

I use my beauty blender everytime I put on foundation- though I will say some sites (cherry culture) have 40% off coupons occasionally good on beauty blenders. I replaced some of my more well-loved ones then.

Manda

(0) Hearts

Love, love, love my BB! Seriously.. it is sad when I used my brush and don't like how it looks, only to dab my BB into it to create that flawless look! 

VC425

(0) Hearts

I was against buying one until I saw it in action! I was at Sephora for a Color IQ consultation and the SA used the beauty blender on me... I was instantly hooked. I bought my first one that day! I don't regret buying it at all, even though the price is a bit steep. I've looked at other sponges, but haven't found felt one that is quite a soft (I'm sure there are other options out there tough!). 

If you're in doubt, stop by Sephora to see if you can try it out!

MK89

I cannot give you advice on getting the BB, but I use a similar sponge and it makes my EL Double Wear look SO flawless and natural, especially when my skin is feeling a little dry. I think it works great for fuller-coverage foundations, because they can look a bit painted-on if you aren't careful. I am thinking of getting a BB at some point but we'll see, let us know how you like it if you get it!

andyhtrieu

I have the Real Techniques sponge and it makes my EL DW flawless too!! I love it so much. 

MK89

(0) Hearts

Yep I never want to apply it with anything but a sponge now!!

gem5136

I think they are worth it, I was skeptical myself but turned out to be a great purchase.

Just an FYI  for verizon customers I recently discovered you can use reward points and get  a 2-pack beauty blender original or pro for $20!!! They also have a ton of l'occitaine, bliss and stila products for a steep discount. 

weeeeweeeeeee

I did a search of "verizon wireless points" and found a link to their Smart Rewards Program.

What is Verizon Smart Rewards?

Verizon Smart Rewards is a rewards program through which you can earn points that can be redeemed for savings on merchandise, gift cards, travel, daily deals and entering auctions and sweepstakes. Earning points is easy, and is based on your activities, such as paying your bill using My Verizon, purchasing accessories and more.

Customers that are eligible for the program have at least 10,000 points waiting for them! You will also earn points for each year you remain a customer with us. For the full list of ways to earn Smart Rewards, visit our Smart Rewards website.

Note: All mobile numbers on your account can earn points, but all points will be consolidated into one total for the whole account.

H216

(0) Hearts

Wow thanks! I gotta check this out cause we have fios- I hope my hubby is paying through my Verizon!! :smileywink:

H216

(0) Hearts

Yeah I'm intrigued too- how?

MK89

(0) Hearts

Wait what?? How does this work?

Sonny4President

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Depends what foundation you use to be honest, and what preference you prefer to apply your foundation with.

If you're use to applying foundation with your fingers, I would say stick with fingers. I bought it just to try it out, I use Chanel Vitalumière Aqua (which everyone claims using fingers give the best results) and honestly there is a difference (just the 15 minute dewiness of your foundation), but not that much of a difference that is worth $20. The foundation oxidizes and looks the same at the end of the day anyways.

If you're doing a full face application, I see where it might be worth it, but I tend to not cover up my whole face, so it doesn't really cut it for me... don't get me wrong, it feels fabulous when you stipple it on your face when soaked in warm water... but it's just a little pricey for what you get out of it.

brennab

(0) Hearts

YES! Get the pro one (the black one). I've had all of them and it's my favourite!

<3

B

Chickibum

(0) Hearts

Do you find it leaves a different finish than the pink one? 

brennab

(0) Hearts

Similar finish but it does feel a little denser. I've gone through many BBs and my black one has lasted the longest.

Chickibum

(0) Hearts

Interesting, I've seen someone say it gives them fuller coverage... I've gone through many pink ones, I think it's time to try the pro, thanks :smileyhappy: 

meecheroo

(0) Hearts

I love it. I still have my foundation brushes, but I can't seem to get rid of the streaks from using actual brushes. I even do it in a circular motion, but nothing compares to the beauty blender. There's different colors for different purposes. I think one is the original, one is for sensitive skin, etc. I

jmad

(0) Hearts

It's worth every penny! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • shyvicki