LacyMae

im 11 and i want to wear makeup what do i start with

liviamaisy

Re: im 11 and i want to wear makeup what do i start with

(0) Hearts

I'd start with lip gloss, and a little mascara if you really want to you can wear some light eyeshadow, nothing to much.. One of my favorite light eyeshadow palettes is Naked Basics

Hope I helped!

plm95

(0) Hearts

I'd say just some lipgloss or lip balm and maybe a skin toned shimmery eyeshadow, if its okay with your parents and school. I wouldn't wear too much, you have all the time in the world to grow up, but you're only young once!!!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Providing it's ok with your parents, it depends on the look you like. 

I second the curled lashes and fun nail polish.

then, if you want 'natural but better', a lip balm stain and a finishing powder.

if you want a little more glam, tinted lip gloss maybe with some sparkle and if you aren't already rosy, a cheek tint.

Benefit just released a new lip and cheek tint, Lollitint, and they also have red, pink and coral tints. 

horzluvr01

(0) Hearts

hey im 12 and i usually use some concealer, mascara, lipstick, powder, and blush and occasionally eyeshadow but im a makeup addict so you could leave some of these steps out

sundaespal

(0) Hearts

Lipsmackers! I feel like these are a right of passage for pre-teen girls. Fun flavors, and I recommend the watermelon.

That and some nail polish is all I'd allow for a 6th grade daughter, but each family is different.

kalex

(0) Hearts

Definitely ask your mom what she's ok with.  My daughter is 11 and she is only allowed to wear light pink or sparkly lip gloss.  She is also allowed to paint her nails but no reds or dark vampy colors.

marydiva

Ask your parents what they are comfortable with! 

Lipgloss, blush, and an eyelash curler sounds about right to me :smileyhappy:

LCResz

I would first ask your folks what they would allow, and see what the other girls in your grade are wearing. No need to rush into teenagedom, enjoy your natural beauty as long as possible! However, if you are self-conscious about something you can always ask to have a mother-daughter spa day and ask some professionals how to play up your best features :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

lip gloss!

Ask your parents and see what they think is appropriate 

mychoi

I second lilyjumper on lip gloss and mascara.  you don't want to look too done up at 11 years old.  I'm sorry but little girls don't look good in a full face of makeup. :smileytongue: If you want to look in blushes i suggest a very soft blush like Benefit's dandelion.  Good luck and I hope you find a look you love :smileyhappy:

missey1973

I would talk to my parents first and after that I would probably start with lightly tinted lip glosses and may be some eye shadows with just a little sparkle, like light pink and peach colors. The ladies below have all given you good advice. I think the stilla kitten posted below is really pretty. Maybe you and your mom could make a girls day of it and you could pick out makeup together. I only have boys but would have loved to do this with my daughter.  Like desertrose said, at 11 you have so much natural beauty, that at my age I would love to have back, don't cover it up, just emphasize what you have.

DesertRose0706

i woudl definitely start with an eyelash curler!  Curling your lashes can make a huge difference in your appearance and it is usually parent friendly! :smileyhappy:

And if your parents are OK with you wearing a little more, I would keep your makeup simple and wear products that are lighter in color and light in coverage.  At that age you have a natural beauty and if you wear too much makeup it will take away from it.  I would look into a tinted moiturizer, a concealer if you get blemishes, clear lipgloss or gloss with a light tint to it, brown eyeliner for the water line, and maybe a sparkly light colored eyeshdadow like Stila's Kitten.  You could also add a little blush too and some mascara if you think you need it.

There are also some makeup sets that might be a good way to t a bunch of different ypes of products without spending too much.  Benefit has quite a few sets here on Sephora's website and on ultas website.  I included some links to different sets that might interest you and give you some ideas:

lillyjumper

First I would ask your parents what they would feel comfortable with you wearing! But at 11, a pretty pink lipgloss and mascara (clear or brown!) would be a good start!!

CaitlinBrunson

When I was young, other than recitals and such, I was allowed to clear lipgloss and mascara. Granted, I def had a glitter stage too! What do you parents say of what they are willing to allow you?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kalex
    • marydiva
    • roxystar4
    • lillyjumper
    • plm95
    • liviamaisy