Answer
stassi
how to make eyes look less asian?
[ Edited ]

I am not Asian, but people constantly tell me it looks like I am. I am middle eastern. How can I make my eyes look less asian?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
tenngal
Answered

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to when you say that your eyes look "Asian," but I think maybe you mean they are almond-shaped?  If so, here are a few tips:  

• An almond-shaped eye is characterized by an upswept outer corner.  Many women with this eye shape want to increase the depth and intensity of their eyes, so experiment with eyeliner as a bold sweep on the upper lid, neutral colors lining under the eye, and upper and lower liner in various shades.  To help almond eyes appear larger, limit liner to the outer portion of the top lid.  To make almond eyes appear more round, stop liner before the outer corner of the eye, or use a lighter shade or smoky or smudged look in that area.
  • Add white eyeliner to the inner corner of your eyes.  This brings more light into them and gives the effect of being larger.
  • Lastly, get rid of dark circles under your eyes if you have any.  This won’t necessarily make your eyes look bigger, but dark circles will detract from even the biggest, most beautiful eyes.  A very good concealer is Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencils and you can find them at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P219000&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

vanityprincess
Answered

What do you mean by "Asian?" Not all Asians have the same eyes. Do you mean Monolid? If so then you can try double eyelid tape or double eyelind glue.

corrin99
Answered
(0) Hearts

Try defining your crease more, if that's possible.  Also using fake lashes or at least curling your lashes and using a few coats of mascara. 

prettyeyes1727
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have the perfect answer.  I too had the same problem and then after research ran into a product called OPHTHOGLOW that can make your eyes seem bigger by implanting a permanent thicker LIMBAL RING.  I did it and my eyes look much bigger and stand out more.  Thicker limbal rings also make you look younger and more attractive according to studies.  Well worth it and the procedure was simple and painless.

thamerz
Answered
(0) Hearts

If you are talking about an almond, thinner shape, you could try using a thin black eyeliner around the entire eye, and make the portion in the middle of the lid thicker. Wing the eyeliner out slightly, and it ill make your eyes look much bigger (I have asian eyes too). Another way to help is to make your eyelashes super long (especially around the middle) with false eyelashes or a lengthening mascara!

If you're talking about a monolid, you can check youtube for creating a fake crease. However, I think monolids aren't too bad, because you can really see the gradient of color.

hope this helped!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • corrin99
    • vanityprincess
    • stassi
    • thamerz
    • prettyeyes1727