Answer
curvygirli
Accepted Solution
how to look older

Okay so i am mid twenties, and need your expertise on make up. I look really young about highschool if at all, since I am short, and and my voice is young. I work in a professional work place and need to look my age.  Clothing isn't an issue, i dress appropriately and i am with the current trends etc. I usually don't wear any make up, because other than skin discoloration and dark eye circles my skin is clear. I have grown up with the mentality that make up will ruin my skin, so I have always tried to avoid it, but I realize it is not entirely true.

can someone please tell me what the must haves for make up are? my skin is medium brown and normal ( not oily or dry). I really want to go for the natural put together look. 

I am pushing myself to wear make up, so at the moment here is what I am wearing. It feels like a lot to me to be honest, and I usually feel like I need to wash my face and "wipe off all the junk". however i am getting compliments and feel my age finally.

smash box concealer on my dark eye circles

maybeline liquid eyeliner in black

rarely mascara on top lashes, never on lower lashes it always gets on my skin

chapstick

do i need to wear... eye shadow, foundation,powder ( what's it for?), bronzer, highlighter, lip liner, lipstick, blush, and all of that stuff ? 

my friend's all wear everything i listed here, and they look amazing daily, but no doubt everyone can see they have a ton of make up on. 

can someone please point me in the right direction? thanks so much. also, once i put on my make up, do i fix it up in the day? or just once and that's all? yes, i really am that stupid at this :$

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
cosmetologytchr
Answered
(0) Hearts

2 words

BARE ESSCENTUALS!

it is perfect for beginners, the makeup is SHEER, ALL NATURAL MADE FROM MINERALS FROM THE EARTH, EVERYTHING IS A POWDER it sort of morphs in to the skin, so it NEVER feels like your wearing anything! WONT wipe off on your phone, of your clothes. LASTS ALL DAY!!!!!   Go to the Bare Escentuals website and watch their tutorials and infomercials so you know how to apply it properly! HAVE FUN!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • jennywawa88
    • yanayellow
    • allegrissima
    • curvygirli
    • cosmetologytchr