Accepted Solution
how to look older

Okay so i am mid twenties, and need your expertise on make up. I look really young about highschool if at all, since I am short, and and my voice is young. I work in a professional work place and need to look my age.  Clothing isn't an issue, i dress appropriately and i am with the current trends etc. I usually don't wear any make up, because other than skin discoloration and dark eye circles my skin is clear. I have grown up with the mentality that make up will ruin my skin, so I have always tried to avoid it, but I realize it is not entirely true.

can someone please tell me what the must haves for make up are? my skin is medium brown and normal ( not oily or dry). I really want to go for the natural put together look. 

I am pushing myself to wear make up, so at the moment here is what I am wearing. It feels like a lot to me to be honest, and I usually feel like I need to wash my face and "wipe off all the junk". however i am getting compliments and feel my age finally.

smash box concealer on my dark eye circles

maybeline liquid eyeliner in black

rarely mascara on top lashes, never on lower lashes it always gets on my skin

chapstick

do i need to wear... eye shadow, foundation,powder ( what's it for?), bronzer, highlighter, lip liner, lipstick, blush, and all of that stuff ? 

my friend's all wear everything i listed here, and they look amazing daily, but no doubt everyone can see they have a ton of make up on. 

can someone please point me in the right direction? thanks so much. also, once i put on my make up, do i fix it up in the day? or just once and that's all? yes, i really am that stupid at this :$

Best Answer
Answered

You're not stupid! You're merely less experienced with makeup than some of your friends and people here. Smiley Happy Don't worry, thats why we are here to help (the online beauty community is AWESOME!)

Makeup for work can be tricky. You definitely don't want to look like you are trying too hard or look like a clown. You want to be presentable and pulled together in a professional environment. First off, you are lucky you have clear, skin girl! Dark circles and minor skin discoloration is not too bad so its good that you use some high quality concealer for that. You may not even need foundation over that or a powder if shine isn't a major issue for you. The main reason why people touch up their makeup throughout the day is that skin gets oilier and you sweat more so your makeup may slide around/smudge/get shiny. A powder will help fix it up really quick so its just a good thing to keep around in your purse in case your mascara smudges a little or a bit of concealer shows on your jawline or something. If you do not wear liquid foundation or powder because you have no need, that is great and you won't have that feeling of having to "wipe the junk off." I would definitely stick with a liquid eyeliner because that really defines the eyes along with a good mascara (top lashes gives a great effect with just liner). You really don't need eyeshadow but if you want to try it out you can always use warm neutral tones (browns, beiges...skin tones). just to have a flawless eye. Bronzer is a bit more advanced so if you are new to makeup I would say you don't need it, along with blush, its not that necessary. If you are not wearing lipstick then no need for lipliner! For you if you want a slight tint of color to make your lips not look washed out on your face, I would recommend a lip STAIN. You can get a Covergirl one at the drugstore Smiley Happy. Try a lighter shade like beige or light pinkish berry. It goes on very sheer and is buildable so its easy to contorl the amount of color. Use a balm over that (the JUST BITTEN collection has a balm on the other side) just to keep your lips soft and not looking dry. Hope this helps! I'd be glad to answer more questions if you have any. GOOD LUCK!

Answers: 0
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation