Answer
kimquercia
how do I clean the Stila one step complexion brush properly? It doesn't fully remove makeup ever!
(0) Hearts

I've tried cleaning the Stila one step complexon brush (double sided) with almost everything I could think of and nothing removes the makeup fully/properly. Any other suggestions?

I've already tried:

-mild soap

-bare minerals brush cleaner

thanks!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
ssmittys
Answered
(0) Hearts

I clean my brushes everyday with Purity by Philosophy face cleanser. It is a face wash, makeup remover and toner all in one that is very mild, so it won't be hard on your brushes. If I have a bunch of brushes, I will take a small bowl, add a pea size amount of cleanser, fill the bowl 1/3 to 1/2 way full with hotwarm to hot water, and mix my brushes in that. Rinse, then place on paper towel overnight. If a brush is particularly dirty (seldom happens) or if I used a THICK foundation, I will wet the brush, pump some purity onto the brush, scrub it like I would the hair on my head, then rinse.

Dawn dishsoap is also pretty good to use, but you have to be sure to rinse it out all the way! I prefer the Purity, but I know everyone likes options :smileyhappy: Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • ssmittys
    • kimquercia