xokarinlo

help please =(

(0) Hearts

So, im going to Hong Kong (somewhere where its super hot and super humid) this summer and i know my face is just going to melt off. Are there any products anyone can recommend i buy to prevent that?

casigray

Re: help please =(

(0) Hearts

I have this issue every summer where I live! I keep makeup to a minimum and I use an oil-free sunscreen over a light, hydrating serum. I like Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough serum or Dermalogica Hydrating booster. I forgo moisturizer during the day, as I have oily skin and the humidity and hydrating moisturizer seems to be sufficient for me. Good luck! Have a great trip!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@xokarinlo- BB creams and CC creams are going to melt off your face alot faster than a good foundation.

cherrybombtastic

I've been to Hong Kong several times around the summer, so I totally understand the muggy weather. You can try the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15, which is pretty good at keeping your face matte. If you're walking around a lot, you may want to try a hydrating mist. Although Sephora has different hydrating mists, a lot of them are either not travel-friendly or they're in glass containers (easily breakable). I would try some from Garden of Wisdom, a website that sells natural mists in portable sizes. There are so many you can try from that will suit your needs, like a honeycomb one that's great for hydration and acne, or a strawberry one. I hope this helps and good luck!

mkupgk

Im going to china this summer.  What i am taking is this etude house bb cream spf50 waterproof as my foundation, maybe a cream blush, a palette or 2, ud liquid liner which are ultra waterproof, waterproof mascara, and a eyelash curler

lylysa

(0) Hearts

What products do you currently use so we can add tweeks and suggestions rather than revamp your entire routine! :smileyvery-happy:

xokarinlo

(0) Hearts

i mainly use drug store products like maybelline foundation and powder (the fit me collection) i also use a mac concealer. however im wanting splurge on a good foundation and powder for this trip so yeah. for eyeliner i use the stila all day waterproof liquid liner,

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The Fit Me products from Maybelline are nice, light formulas, but because they're made more sheer to mimic and match your skin tone, the formula is also void of oil absorbers and mattifiers, making it more prone to wearing off quicker without proper use of primer or when exposed to more extreme conditions.

If you're looking for lighter formulas but ones that are longer wearing and offer more coverage, check out the BB cream from Smashbox or Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation or Kat Von D's Lock It Foundation.

Depending on your skin type (which if you don't mind filling us in on it), we can suggest primers to best suit your needs.

Eye shadow primers will help plenty with keeping your shadow bold, fresh, and non-creasing. Urban Decay, Nars, Smashbox, Too Faced, and Lorac make great options.

For mascara, if you want to go waterproof, I suggest layering a waterproof mascara over a regular one so it's not as drying on your lashes. Urban Decay's Cannonball is wonderful, I've showered and rubbed my eyes with the stuff on, even towel dried my face and it didn't come off!

xokarinlo

(0) Hearts

i tend to have fairly normal skin except my t-zone gets out-of-control oily 

lylysa

Try Benefit's Porefessional or Too Faced's Primed & Poreless (pink tube) they help mattify but won't dry out skin that isn't oily, plus the silicone/dimethicone formula forms a barrier over skin to prevent things like oil and sweat from breaking down your make up.

xokarinlo

okay thank you so much!!!!! youve helped so much seriously thank you

lylysa

It's our pleasure! Have fun in HK! My parents are going there next month!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Invest into a setting spray! Urban Decay, Kat Von D, and MUFE make great ones!

xokarinlo

(0) Hearts

i have the all nighter spray by urban decay. im not sure if im just not using it right or what but it doesnt seem to make my makeup last

lylysa

Be sure to shake it up first, then mist it on your skin at least a good 10-14 inches away from your face as to not dampen your skin. I like to take setting sprays and mist it in an "x" pattern, two sprays in total, moving the bottle, like in the drawing below:

udans.jpg

Imagine that's just in front of your face but held far back enough, the criss crossing motion allows a good range of coverage for your face, if need be, for extra misting, spray across in a "T" shape (the top being along your forehead and the lower line being centered on your face).

connieconcon

Make sure your moisturizer isn't too greasy and it absorbs quickly. 

My real life example - My day to day moisturizer (Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation) doesn't cut it in Taiwan because it doesn't absorb fast enough and nothing will stick to my face after I use it. I switch to Bliss's oxygen moisturizer when I go back.  It absorbs quickly on my skin in the humid environment.    In LA, the Bliss moisturizer is totally inadequate because it's pretty dry here, so go back to the Sheer Transforation.  swfupload_5917327790195281502.jpgHope that helps!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Go for something like:

The Hourglass mineral veil primer'

Either the Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder foundation or the Kat Von D foundation.

Your choice of a setting powder.

Hope this helps!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Primer!

OK, some product-specific suggestions:

• Face: Forego foundation for a tinted moisturizer, touch up with powder. Carry oil absorbing sheets. Use every few hours.
  • Eye shadow: Cream shadows.  Laura Mercier caviar sticks and MUFE Aqua Creams come to mind since they take some major scrubbing to remove.
  • Eyeliner: Waterproof- something like MUFE Aqua Eyes
  • Mascara: Waterproof

Less will be more- and look for matte finishes rather than shimmer.

Enjoy Hong Kong!

xokarinlo

(0) Hearts

Do you know any tinted moisturizers or bb creams that have a lot of coverage? 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Smashbox tends to offer BB creams with a tad more coverage since they are a more cosmetic based line rather than a skin care based line.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • casigray
    • cherrybombtastic
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8