giorgio armani luminous silk foundation

I was thinking of trying out this foundation. Wondering if anyone knows a good match, I'm 173 in MUFE HD and Tahoe in Nars sheer glow? 

Re: giorgio armani luminous silk foundation

(0) Hearts

The closest match would be shade 9. Based on the foundations you listed you are between 1Y10 (mufe) and 1Y11 (nars) in sephora color iq. Sadly there is no EXACT match, however there is a match for 2Y10 which is shade 9. It is a tad bit more yellow. However when I was matched to 3Y07 a while back I got a foundation that was 2Y07, and it looked as good as the 3Y07. For reference the number before the Y indicated how yellow or pink you are, The y indicates the undertone, Y= yellow, P= pink. The number(s) after the letter indicate your shade. so 01 is the lightest shade and I believe 13 is the darkest shade.

(0) Hearts

Hello, i just bought giorgio armani luminous foundation yesterday. It is a little bit orange to my skin tone, also, a little bit darker. The shade is 7.5. Should I change number 7?

I'm #5 in the Liquid Halo Hd Foundation what number would I be in this georgio armani foundation?

(0) Hearts

Hi MelissaF,

I recommend the shade 4.5 in the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation!

Smiley Happy -Laura

(0) Hearts

I'm a shade 55 in Make-up forever velvet. What color will I be in giorgio armani luminous silk foundation.

(0) Hearts

As a point of reference, here is #55 Neutral Beige in MUFE's Velvet Mat for visual/swatch reference:

From that, I would say you're  either 5.5. or 6.5 in GA's Luminous Silk Foundation per the swatches below:

In this photo, it appears the closer match is 6.5

However, in the below photo, 5.5 looks to be a match as well.

The second swatch photo was posted on Karla Sugar's blog earlier in comparison to the first photo, and she did make mention of colors being discontinued/unavailable to swatch. Since the MUFE Velvet Mat #55 is described as a shade for medium deep skin tones with beige undertones, my suggestion would be 6.5 as as that is a bit deeper in color.

ya the sephora store in beverly center has GA foundations! and i love it!!

(0) Hearts

They also carry Tokyo milk products...sephora heaven!

(0) Hearts

sorry for the late reply. I recently got the foundation online in shade 9 and its almost a perfect match to mufe hd173

(0) Hearts

Were you able to come up with the right shade? I really want to try the Armani Luminous Silk foundation, but I don't know what shade to order & there's not a store in my area that sells it. I'm the same foundation shades as you, and considering 8 or 9. From the swatches I've seen online, 8 seems to be the better choice. Help?!

(0) Hearts

Matches are always best compared in person, unfortunately, but to start, I would try 8, 9 or 9.5. If you can get samples, even better! 

(0) Hearts

Sephora doesn't carry the Giorgio Armani Foundation so there is nothing for us to compare it too.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Actually, certain Sephora stores do carry Armani Beauty (Union Street in San Francisco, for example, is where I randomly noticed it once) -- it's not available online, though. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 12 in conversation