kellsmuneoka

getting suggestions that don't work out

Hi ladies,

I had multiple people tell me, "you should try the MUFE HD Foundation or the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer" and I was very disappointed when I tried them out! What's some products that someone close to you recommended and praised, but flopped for you? 

xoxo,

Kelly

P.S Sorry if you love those products it's just my opinion

tumblr_lq7tibLdYM1qddfry.gif

sparklekai

Re: getting suggestions that don't work out

any and everything ole henrikson!  i wanted to love, i was told i would love...i don't love!  most products were way to harsh for my skin and what wasn't didn't do anything!  good bye ole' good bye!

chelssss

(0) Hearts

My skin breaks out big time with OH. I don't have sensitive skin at all…but that stuff if bad for me lol

OwlAndTanager

I totally agree with you there. I purchased the "three little wonders" a few weeks ago and the only difference I notice is a sensitivity and breakouts. 

BrennaBombshell

The new Hourglass blushes. Everyone raved about them and said how great they were, even for pale girls, and I don't know if it was my undertones or what, but they just looked chalky on my skin. And I found they smelled funny. I love Hourglass for every other product I've tried (primer, Concealer, foundation, lip treatment) but the blush just looked yucko on me. I tried two of them, but can't recall the names.

ilovebears

[ Edited ]

This is exactly what I want to hear right now... I really want to get Diffused Heat, but can't really justify the purchase after I already got so many nice things yesterday :smileytongue:

I'm sure someone will be around to enable me in November when we get 20% off :smileyvery-happy:

sparklekai

while they work for me and i love them - they do smell funny!!!  i don't notice what's on my face but i have that weird urge to smell products before i put them on!  i avoid this with these babies!

mdelrosario91

For me, it was the GlamGlow mask in the white jar. Everyone was raving about it, and the SAs at Sephora told me that the product was amazing and would do wonders for my skin. Not for me. I had cystic acne, and it didn't make my skin better, but it didn't make it worse. Not worth the $69 in my opinion, for me anyways.

redwagon44

I'm still embarrassed I paid that much for a small pot of gritty clay. Absolutely not for me. 

snowshoe

GlamGlow didn't do anything that I couldn't accomplish with a tube of Queen Helene and a tea bag.  Fortunately I've never spent any money on it--my experience has been with a bunch of sample tubes.

mpas

I thought I was the only one not wowed by the glamglow. It was beyond a disappointment 

jenn922

(0) Hearts

The MUFE HD primer/foundation are the only products I've ever used that caused me to break out.

I don't like NARS brightening primer -- settles into my pores and then makes foundation settle in too.  

Guerlain meteorites powder -- not enough coverage.

UD eyeliners are hit and miss for me.  Some colors stay fine, but others run all over the place

I've never found a drugstore foundation that worked for me -- I'm light with yellow undertones, and they all seem geared for pink undertones in the lighter colors.

Kiki1517

• Hourglass Mineral Veil
  • Benefit They're Real
  • Foundations that didn't work that I can think of: KVD Tattoo, NARS both Sheer and Matte Glow, MUFE HD, MAC Studio Fix and Prolongwear, Chanel Vitalumiere, Clinique Even Better, Hourglass Immaculate, Benefit Oxygen Wow)
  • MUFE flash palette 
  • Caudalie Beauty Elixir
  • Lorac Pro Palette
  • Urban Decay eyeliners
HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

I knew I couldn't be the only one who doesn't like Benefit They're Real! Maybe it works better on people who don't have straight, thin, Asian lashes like I do!

mdelrosario91

Did you only try it once? when I first tried They're Real, it made my lashes spidery and clumpy, but after a week, it was much better! I think if you give it time, and let air get in (or something like that lol) the formula gets better. I totally hated it on the first try, but after a week, I was like I LOVE IT! I HAVE LASHES!

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

I got a sample last year for my birthday gift, and I'm pretty sure I only tried it once or twice. I just don't really wanna take a chance on a mascara that expensive lol! 

mdelrosario91

Aww too bad you threw it out! You should've given it some time, you never knew what would've happened! :smileyhappy: Mine too was the deluxe sample from the birthday gift, and I didn't throw it out ASAP cause I wanted to test it out more.

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

I actually still have it! Maybe I'll give it another chance!

Sn4rky

(0) Hearts

They're Real is terrible for me too!  Clumps my lashes together in one swipe!

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

add me to the anti-They're Real bandwagon. Too thick, gloppy, dangerous applicator, hard to remove, and broke off my lashes. I tried it twice because I asked one day for a sample and that's all they had to give me, in addition to the birthday gift. threw them both out.

killahbabe

You and I *may* be foundation twins. Every foundation you've listed (minus the Chanel) have been ones that I've ended up returning or not buying after trying a sample. I don't know if it's because I have finicky skin, am difficult to match, or because I'm picky about texture/fragrance/etc...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • gaiya
    • emmaclaire
    • mpas
    • jojobe
    • weeeeweeeeeee