Juliaanne1997

foundation

(0) Hearts

I have been into makeup for a while but I have never bought a foundation. The closest I have gotten is a tinted mousturizer. I am 16 and want to get a medium coverage foundation for specail ocasions and night time events. I have combo skin and I have a little bit of acne. I also want some thing that will last. Any ideas?

heartshaley

Re: foundation

(0) Hearts

I am a big fan of Clinique, I would check out the Perfectly Real liquid makeup.

prudenceangst

(0) Hearts

I would try bare minerals powder foundation. If you have a decent brush (i suggest a Kabuki brush) than you get a good medium coverage. It also blends very well and doesn't have any ingredients that will be harsh on your skin. It is also a lot cheaper than makeup forever and not as heavy as smashbox or NARs.I started using it when I was about 16 and haven't switched since.

evevang

(0) Hearts

Any idea on what shade I am if I am a NC35 for Mac. I would love trying most of these out, especially the Makeup Forever's HD Invisible Cover Foundation. Thank you.

babybear04

(0) Hearts

I have a couple suggestions for you!

1.Makeup Forever's HD Invisible Cover Foundation: This foundation is great -- long lasting, medium coverage that is buildable, doesn't feel too heavy on skin, and doesn't cause breakouts (at least for me).  Also, it covers nicely without that "cakey" look. Added bonus is that there are a lot of shades to choose from, so finding the right color shouldn't be a problem.

MAKE UP FOR EVER - HD Invisible Cover Foundation

http://www.sephora.com/hd-invisible-cover-foundation-P217905

2. Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation: Again, this is an excellent foundation (and my current foundation aside from days when I use Cover FX Cream Foundatin).  It sits nicely on skin, and the color and coverage last quite a while.  I personally think this covers a bit more than the MUFE High Definition Foundation, but both are excellent choices. 

Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation SPF 15

http://www.sephora.com/high-definition-healthy-fx-foundation-spf-15-P179930?skuId=984658

3. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation: This is an excellent foundation as well, however the coverage isn't as good as the previous two foundations I've listed (I guess the name speaks for itself).  What I do like about this however is the subtle glow it gives to skin--definitely not shimmery or glittery, but a very very subtle "light from within" glow. This hasn't broken me out either.  My biggest dissapointment with this foundation however is the packaging--I prefer a pump bottle, and this bottle is a twist-off cap with another cap that sits on top of it.  It's not a deal-breaker, just a bit annoying for me, especially for travel.  And since I purchased this, the cap has broken completely making it virtually impossible to store.  But otherwise, this foundation is good.

NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

http://www.sephora.com/sheer-glow-foundation-P247355?skuId=1202167

4. Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation: This is by far one of my favorite foundations in terms of completely covering my acne/redness. I tend to have oily skin, but lately it's been super dry due to harsh acne treatments the derm has me on.  However, this product sits well on my skin regardless if it's oily or dry, and covers everything so well.  It feels a bit heavier then most liquid foundations, but not enough for me to be bothered by it/stop using it. I will warn you though that this is a high-coverage foundation that really lives up that standard, so if you're not looking for that type of foundation then I suggest you try out the other options first.  Just thought I'd recommend it anyway because I've been really happy with the coverage it offers without the heavy cakey feeling.

Cover FX - Total Cover Cream Foundation

http://www.sephora.com/total-cover-cream-foundation-P376285?skuId=1465681

Hope this helps and best of luck!

GoondePompadour

(0) Hearts

I recommend Makeup Forever's HD Foundation as well!  I use that one on a daily basis - it has nice coverage and covers up the acne redness!

MakeupLvr17

(0) Hearts

Makeup forever HD foundation, Laura Mercier Silk Creme, and Nars sheer glow are so good ones

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • prudenceangst
    • babybear04
    • evevang
    • MakeupLvr17
    • GoondePompadour
    • Juliaanne1997