Answer
goldenglamour
foundation/concealer/primer to hide redness
(0) Hearts

Hey beauties,

Im 14 and I have a bit of a problem with redness in my t-zone. I dont have acne just redness and i can't seem to keep it covered! Right now I'm using MUFE Face & Body and it's very liquid-y so maybe its just not enough coverage? I've tried Clinique foundations and im not a big fan. But im looking for a foundation that will cover my redness but still be natural and lightweight so i don't look like i have a full face of make up everyday! Also, if you could recommend a foundation primer or concealer that you know works well to hide redness it would be amazing! I really want to find products that can hide this!

Thank you all so much! And if you have any questions for me feel free to ask!

P.S- My skin is fair- medium and i have combo skin!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
brookie673
Answered

You might want to try a green concealer or primer in your T-zone, such as the Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer which will cancel out the redness. You can also use Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer in Color Adjust 1 (Pictured). Apply it all over the areas where you have redness.

<- Color adjust 1, used to cancel out redness

Then, apply your regular foundation to hide the green. For light to medium coverage I recommend the Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20. For full coverage, try the MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation. To make it look more natural and less cakey, apply about five dots around your face (If necessary, an extra dot or two around the T-zone) and blend it with a stippling brush, like the Cover FX #160 Cream Foundation Brush, or a beautyblender beautyblender® sponge (Pictured).

If there is still some redness, use a good concealer. I recommend Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer, Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste (Pictured right), and Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing for lots of coverage, Clinique Advanced Concealer for medium coverage, and Benefit Cosmetics Powderflage Set (Pictured left) for less coverage and a lighter look, or to set the concealer.

Hope this helped, feel free to PM me with other questions :smileyhappy: and the links to all of these products are found simply by clicking on the product name! :smileyvery-happy:

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • anaa
    • calihco
    • ran8
    • brookie673
    • goldenglamour
    • ry22
    • jennipherh