beauty212

diy?

(0) Hearts

Diy beauty projects? Looking for projects!

ChicDabbler

Re: diy?

I like DIY masks, because when you look at high-end natural brands, the key ingredients you already have in your cupboard.

Scrub = brown sugar + olive oil + (optional: honey, lemon zest). I like to leave it on after scrubbing or gentle rinsing until the oil sinks in, then wash it off. Very hydrating but doesn't break me out.

Mask = plain whole milk yogurt + grounded/cut up oats + cinnamon + honey + vanilla extract. After it dries, I like to gently scrub it off, which also scrubs off the dead skin. It makes my skin feel so smooth and clean/oil-free.

I like mixing colors for eyeshadow and lip colors, using toothpicks, those little sample jars etc.

Lip colors: if the color is too dark or too cool or too pink or too orange, you can always mix a couple of your lipstick with a bit of rose salve or vaseline in a pot.

Eyeshadow: mix your own shadow color by scraping different shadows into the pot, then use end of a make up brush to smash up the pieces finely, mix using toothpicks and use.

NOTE: it would be good to use same brands or those with similar lasting power. When I used several powder with different lasting power for the loose eyeshadow, it changed the color throughout the day, which was fun. =)

makeupobesessed

Re: diy?

(0) Hearts
You can always see my post for the Caviar nails,
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed
    • beauty212