newandaddicted

*dance thru the makeup forum screamin*...VEGAS baby!

Okay ladies and gents I'm going to VEGAS 8/27 first time ever!!!  I have a list of places I want to go...makeup wise.  Inglot, sephora, CCO (is the CCO worth a special trip?).

Any places (makeup) I should hit, ones I should avoid? I DO NOT (just not worth it for me) do VERY high end brands.  Marc Jacobs is the most expensive brand I have. I have been saving my coins for a while and now it's time to just buy buy buy.

I'm NW45/MUFE 178 so I usually only buy from companies that make products for the deeper tones.  It's principle for me.

Post your ideas (please please please), previous adventures, and best kept secrets!  I'll post what I get when I return home and decompress.

May the makeup Goddesses and Gods be forever in your favor. May your holy grail products never be discontinued or in short supply.  May your favorite product drop on the floor and never break.  May your makeup storage be all that you dream and cleaned and organized by sweet smelling fairies.  Be makeup blessed!

*can you tell I'm super excited*

ThommiP

Re: *dance thru the makeup forum screamin*...VEGAS baby!

Inglot is in Towne Square!!! :smileyhappy: Uh-oh, I'll be there on the 17th. I see a palette in my future. *large toothy grin while counting pennies*

Mcakes

I am so sorry I missed this thread when you first posted it lol. As a Vegas local I have some things to add here for your next trip :smileyhappy:

-Sephora at the Venetian because it has a full MUFE studio and is the biggest Sephora we have in Vegas so they have the biggest selection. As a tourist, these are the Sephora's I would hit...in this order:

1. Venetian

2. Forum Shops

3. Town Square

4. Miracle Mile

-Fresh at the Forum Shops in Caesar's Palace

-LUSH, any of their locations

-The CCO in the Las Vegas Premium Outlet North has a bigger selection than the one at the South location because it is a higher volume store

-Go to the Inglot at Forum Shops, it's so cute! 

If you change your mind about high end makeup by your next trip let me know :smileyhappy: 

I hope that you had a great trip!

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

And I got a nifty new holder for some of my foundations.  Of course I had to empty out the glass first...oh the things we do for makeup!  LOL

VegasFoundationStorage.jpg

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

MACPeachLustreHL.jpgMACconcealerNW40.jpg

Only bought 2 things from MAC I can get their products any time.

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

Inglot74Plum.jpginglot77Black.jpg

Bought these two liners from Inglot.  They are smooth and so gorgeous.  After I swatched them the SA had to take them off with an oil based remover.  Hopefully they hold up on my oil lids!  Only $12

newandaddicted

KVDSexerLippie.jpgKVDLoveCraftLippie.jpgKVDLUVlippie.jpg

I couldn't decide on what KVD to get.  Her lipsticks got very mixed reviews so I bought these three.  LUV wears very well but it's drying haven't tried the other two yet.  Passed on the lipsticks that got negative reviews.

newandaddicted

inglot2.jpgInglot1.jpginglot3.jpginglot4.jpg

I was so overwhelmed at inglot.  I couldn't concentrate!  LOL it was so sad.  I went back a few times and actually bought 2 of the same shades twice.  I returned them.  

HarlemJPN

I love Inglot, too! They have great products, richly pigmented, velvety, and affordable. What's not to like? And we can build our own palettes. **swoons**

i swear by Inglot's green and peach concealers. Definitely a desert island product for me. U can buy Inglot online at b e a u t y l i s h dot c o m

i wish sephora carried it!

newandaddicted

I had been eyeing inglot for a long time.  I just needed to be able to swatch and feel the products first.  I plan on going online and buying the 63A blush, it was sold out in the store.  I was a giggling fool when I saw the store, my sister thought I was insane.  

HarlemJPN

Insane good taste, perhaps! 

MarciaBrady

I love Inglot, and also wish Sephora carried the line. If you find yourself on the Inglot website, check out the sale section. They're clearing out their previous packaging and have the round palettes at half price and a bajillion lip colors at $3 each. This weekended I ordered up a bunch of them. The rounds weren't discontinued too, too long ago, so I'm guessing the products are still fine. I hope so. 

You're shopping trip looks like it was so much fun! Such great picks, and what a fabulous idea for corralling makeup!

newandaddicted

[ Edited ]

Got back from Vegas a few days ago.  But for some reason the board won't let me load all the pics I have taken.  It gives me an error.  I'll load what I can.  It was a great trip.  I didn't make it to the CCO, but that's ok.  Maybe next year.  Yes I'm going back!  LOLIMG_1709.jpg

Topaz is so beautiful!  It looks good on my dark skin!  OHMAWERD it so pretty.  I use it as a brow highlight too, I forgot the shadow I usually use so I tried to use this.  It worked great!

makeupobesessed

Am I the only one that doesn't know what CCO is???  Help?

gingerblack

Cosmetics company outlet, I believe. It is just a cosmetics outlet in the US

newandaddicted

Made it Vegas, and I feel sooo overwhelmed.  I was up at 1am just walking the strip!  LOL.  Nothing opens until 1000!  I'm going mad as I'm on East Coast time.  I've been up for ages and nothing opens for 3hrs or so.  Vegas is not for early risers.  I have my list and will hit the strip at 0930 so I can go while it's cooler. I am looking forward to the heat (after the winter we had in the northeast I'm ready to sweat!)  I don't gamble (here with my sister who does, she was up $300 before we even left the airport) I'm here for the food, drink, and shopping!

Ok I'm overly excited AGAIN!

Thanx everyone for the info.

mberteig

I go to Vegas a few times a year.  The best Sephoras (in my opinion) are the one on the Strip in front of the Venetian and the one in Towne Square.  The Inglot in Towne Square is right around the corner from the Sephora.  One place that I love, to check out if you are interested is called DuBarry Fashions, on Decatur.  If you like bling, this is *the* place to go.  Rhinestone jewelry in all colors of the rainbow, some clothes and a little bit of makeup.   Have fun, I wish I was there!

gingerblack

I think there are two CCO outlets and one Estee Lauder/YSL type thing. I'm from Canada, so I'm not sure exactly what they are called. I went to both. I way preferred the ones in the outdoor outlet mall. I guess that would be considered the North one. It was very easy to bus to and had lots of other cool outlet stores. They had a L'Occitane and a Bareminerals outlet. The South/indoor one sucked kind of. They did have a nice Coach outlet though and I got a purse worth 400$ for 100$. 

As for Sephora, I think there are a few on the strip. I can remember going to one on the strip and it was next to a place that had 1$ beer lol. You will see it. The other one was in Cesears palace I think. Like the mall area with the cloud ceilings. I liked the one on the strip better because they had a big MUFE section. Both were really nice though. Have fun!

Sean36651

Just came back from there and made some makeup purchases of my own.  I recommend going to Caesars forum shops they have a M.A.C. and the employees are so nice and it is a pro shop so they have everything there, and I think right next door was a NARS I'm not positive on that so don't quote me but defiantly try and make it to M.A.C. Hope you have fun on your trip!

andyhtrieu

I only know that there's a Sephora on the LV strip and a CCO at one of the outlets. The CCO had Lancome, YSL, and a bunch of other brands. 

MarciaBrady

Inglot sounds like a good time. You could make your own special, sparkly Vegas palette. Make-up and a souvenir all in one!

Have a fun trip. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • makeupobesessed
    • talinder
    • gingerblack
    • Mcakes