Answer
loveeyeliner
best finishing powder?

I really want a good pressed powder that isn't too expensive and that is also really good at making my makeup last a long time. Do you have anuy suggestions about a good finishing po0wder that is also cheap. Also what is the difference between pressed powder and finishing powder? or is there no difference? Please recomend a good finishing powder that is good for makeup lasting all day.

thanks

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
amandaszymanski
Answered

If you're wanting your makeup to last through the day, it's all about the primer. I recommend the Smashbox Photo Finish Original primer. Remember to moisturize, prime, THEN apply makeup. Also, if you're using a liquid foundation, it's best to apply it with a foundation brush in order to get the best application AND save on product.

Pressed powders can be applied on top of foundation (for added coverage) or used alone for color. But if you're looking for a sheer setting powder (setting powders are usually colorless) the Make Up For Ever HD Setting Powder is great. Also, any of the Mineral Veils from Bare Escentuals will work well.

Finally, check out Urban Decay's "All-Nighter" make up setting spray. I use this before I go out and it helps to keep me looking flawless even in those horridly humid night clubs!

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • loveeyeliner
    • sephoramusthave
    • brookie673
    • amandaszymanski