Answer
spiggy
best concealer for acne scars?

i need a super good long lasting concealer for acne scars.

not the deep scars but the redder ones.

i have oily skin so sometimes concealers can get cakey and fade :/

i really love makeup forever full cover but its super expensive right now cause im on a tight budget :/

i was thinking of trying benefit boing or maybe kat von d.

out of those two which is the best? or is there something better :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 14
chlovely
Answered

DEF MUFE is worth the splurge because it lasts SO LONG.

MakeupLvr17
Answered

I love laura merciers secret camoflauge. It has two different shades that you can mix together and the coverage is amazing. Ive seen makeup artists rave about it before, so i tried it, and now I am hooked!

jennyx33
Answered

Hey there ,

I think you should really take the time to take care of your skin now.

Packing on more and more makeup to your skin won't solve the problem, it will irratate it even more .

There are many products out there that REALLY help with acne scars too .

Therefore , i think you should definately try to clear your skin, and after that , you can wear lighter concealers that would give a more natural look . And show your true beauty :smileyhappy:

Heavy makeup should really be worn during the night only .

jkkw
Answered

i use the mufe one as well - a little goes a LONG way ;D

Vas615
Answered
(0) Hearts

benefit should be good.  You might want to test out make up forever full coverage concealer at your local sephora.

http://www.sephora.com/full-cover-concealer-P151107?skuId=1247204  

you could type in your zip code to see if it is in sotres near you.  Good Luck and keep us posted!

ToriElaine
Answered
(0) Hearts

I recommend using the Benefit Boi-ing concealer. It has worked really well on covering up my acne, acne scars, under eye circles and any other dark spots I have. It is twenty dollars here on Sephora and it comes in five different shades so you should defiantly be able to find one that matches your skin color. I hope this helps(:

healacne
Answered
(0) Hearts

Fenugreek leave, neem leaves and turmeric powder has the properties to cure and purify your facial skin. Mix them together, paste them on the affected part for about half an hour, rinse it with pure water. Rose water combine with lime juice has the same effect to heal also. The other way round is to mix rose water with sandalwood for using as a mask. The usage and healing properties are the same.

http://healacne101.com/

angggx0
Answered
(0) Hearts

If youre looking for a cheap option, try hard candy glamoflauge concealer! many say its comparable to the kat von d concealer but its only about $6.00 at walmart. It lasts a long time, def try it :smileyhappy: 

glamoflauge.jpg

MzMakupAholik
Answered
(0) Hearts

i have oily skin and its annoying. and i dont want to have the cakey look. i use kat von d tattoo concealer in light. it covers up those red marks awesomely. if your using it for undereyes... dont start with a lot of product, build the coverage when using this stuff because its extra full coverage! ive used many concealers even mac studio sculpt.  ive been using the same tub for like 2 years! granted i dont need to use it all the time... i barely need a drop when i do use it. im tellin ya, its kinda spendy upfront but if you think about the fact youll have it over a year i gaurentee it... its way worth it!!! seriously try it..!!!

i also recommend making sure you wash your skin with a gentle wash in the a.m . use a good lotion.. i use clinique dramatically dif GEL (not lotion) and i let it dry a sec.. then dap the concealer on.. like i said with this kat stuff you seriously will waste alotta product if u squeeze alot out.. just dab it and WAMMM no red! then put ur foundation on..  i use a korean bb cream now peripera i love bb light (im pale nw15) and it also has brightening agents so naturally it will help fade those marks on your face and youll notice your skin is able to breathe way more than with reg foundation... my skin has gotten clearer as well! effff ya! ok ok ok after than you use a finely milled setting powder. like bare minerals mineral viel or i just got tarte clay setting powder and i barely get oily during the day at work and my concealer stayed longer.. the key is to use a kabuki brush or just make sure you dont use too much powder.. i flick my brush after the powders on it and it wont look cakey for me.  GEEZ I TALK ALOT :smileywink:

katimae
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Spiggy!  I have Rosaisa (cannot spell it) and scars from a car accident where I went through the windshield. I use Erase Paste and love it!  I am very fair and actually the medium shade works best for me.

Good luck and have fun with you makeup! :smileyhappy:

Goldenpat
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have acne on my chin and especially in my oily t-zone! After searching for the best coverage which should look natural I can finally say that I'm happy now! I use the silk crème foundation in Cashew beige from laura mercier and the concealer in medium2 ginger from nars if I need even more coverage. After that I use Shiseido Pureness Matifying powder!

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

My favorite concealer is Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer and it would do a great job of concealing acne scars.  It works to cover any kind of imperfection with ease.  It is a full-coverage, natural-looking concealer that’s ideal for any kind of imperfection, including dark circles.  The highly pigmented, super-emollient, waterproof formula blends seamlessly into your skin, giving you a flawless finish to your complexion that looks and feels natural.  The Amazing Concealer is formulated to erase all skin imperfections:  dark circles, broken capillaries, sun damage, blemishes, redness and more.  Unlike traditional concealers, the Amazing Concealer is so concentrated that you only need to use tiny pin-dot amounts of product to create flawless coverage.  And it does not settle into fine lines when used around the eye area.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P59405&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

anaa
Answered
(0) Hearts

My skin is oily and I have had success with Bare Minerals powder concealer.  It stays on better than the creamier ones and covers redness really well.

jlhiga
Answered
(0) Hearts
I agree kat Von d. And yes, dont use too much. Looks perfect with less and horrible with too much
Question Stats
  • 14 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • anaa
    • katimae
    • spiggy
    • jennyx33
    • chlovely
    • jlhiga
    • MzMakupAholik