Sweetpoison

any feedback on the Laura Mercier Artist's palette & Smashbox Full Exposure

HELP! I am trying to decide if I should buy the Laura Mercier Artist's Palette or/and Smashbox Full exposure pallete? Can anyone give me an idea of the quality of this palletes I already have the Lorac pro and Naked 2. I am trying to decide if I should buy them both or just one. thanks

Sweetpoison

Re: any feedback on the Laura Mercier Artist's palette & Smashbox Full Exposure

Thanks for the info, I just ordered the LM palette and will be swatching the Smashbox one this week

DST57

(0) Hearts

I am super happy with my purchase of the LM palette. I went to my Sephora a few weeks ago to check it out after everyone raving about it on here, and they didn't have it either. They actually didn't even know what I was talking about. I ended up buying it sight unseen just based on the swatches some people posed on here, as well as the glowing reviews. It is WONDERFUL. I can't imagine anyone who the color combos wouldn't work for, and the shadows are super high quality. I don't think you'd be disappointed :-)

mafan

(0) Hearts

The Laura Mercier palette is on my list. I had my eyes done with it and I really liked it. 

If you're looking to get LORAC Pro, check Sephora in JCP if you have one nearby. I saw a Red Hot set there that had eye liner and mascara for just $6 more. 

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

I just got the LM palette and I'm in love. Getting the Lorac Pro in a couple of days and I'm excited.  A lot of people like the LM one over the Smashbox one, but I've never tried it so I can't really say anything about it. I had the same dilemma as you lol.

Titian06

I have the LM palette and absolutely love it!  There are four shimmers and the rest are mattes.  The two colors on the top and bottom left are light; the two middle colors on the top and bottom are medium; and the two color on the top and bottom right are dark.  The top colors are light peaches to dark purples and the bottom are ivory to dark brown.  I got my palette this past Monday and have worn it every day since!  The colors are neutral--they'll go with virtually everything--but they're neutral+, they're not traditional neutral colors.  The colors look great, blend very well, do not crease (I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance), and look as good when I get home as they did 10 hrs earlier when I put them on.  I highly recommend this palette!

LM Artist's Palette.jpg

LM Artist's Palette

carolang

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info! I just went to my sephora and they didn't have it for me to play with :smileysad:

carolang

(0) Hearts

I have Lorac Pro and Naked 1 and am trying to decide if I need the LM palette. I love the purples and have always wanted African violet so I think I am going to have to take the plunge! I also have too faced boudoir eyeswhich is also purples and peaches so I hope more people can comment on the LM!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

LM is a combination of matte and shimmer, with mostly dark colors. Smashbox have a bit more shimmer and a couple glitter I believe. I haven't seen it but I will be swatching it later this week (and post here) when I see it in store. =)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • carolang
    • Titian06
    • DST57
    • kellsmuneoka