jennypenny1995

Your Top 5 Bobbi Brown Products?

[ Edited ]

I've personally had a few experiences with her products, but I'd love to hear what to try, what to splurge on, and what to skip all together.  Right now, I use her Illuminating Finish Powder Foundation, Pale Pink Blush, Bare Pink lipstick, and Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (for touch-ups on long days).

What are your Top 5 Must-Have/Splurge Products?  (And be sure to tell me if it's a "splurge" item.)  Thanks, ladies!

Brie514

Re: Your Top 5 Bobbi Brown Products?

(0) Hearts

Her corrector is absolutely magnificent !! Bye bye under-eye circles! 

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Bobbi is one of my favorite brands.  Oh how do I pick?

1. Tinted Brow Gel and Hair touch-up--best color match for my blonde brows I've found, and I've tried so many

2.  Extreme Party Mascara--volume like woah and non-irritating on me

3.  Corrector and Concealer (okay, that's two, but they go together)

4.  Matte eyeshadows (avoid the sparkles, those are awful!)

5.  Eyeliner brush (the regular one, not the ultrafine)

Honorable mentions:

Cream eyeshadows

Cream shadow sticks

Illuminating Finish Powder Foundation

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi jennypenny1995!

I love the Bobbi Brown brushes. The blush brush is one of my favorite brushes I own! It is incredibly soft and delivers the perfect amount of color on every application. 

The Bobb Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush is also a must have for me. It works incredibly well with the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner. :smileyvery-happy:

Best,
Randee
jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I do actually use her Blush Brushes, and I agree they're really good.  Thank you!

blushnglow

Shimmer bricks!!  I've tried the pink, rose quartz, and bronze and loved them all.  Hitting the pan 100% several times over. The great thing is that they are fairly sheer yet blendable. And despite the having the word shimmer in the name, you don't actually see sparkle.  It's more like a sheen.  When applied with an approciate brush, the effect is quite natural.  My old roomate has been using them since they came out and converted all her girlfriends one by one.  At her wedding, she threw one into each of our present goodie boxes along with jewelry  but it's the shimmer brick that we all talk about to this day!!!  Bless her heart.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

As a combo skinned gal, I've always been repulsed by anything shimmery/satiny/shiny, and I even found highlighters accentuate the tiny lines I have around my eyes from smiling.

You've got me intrigued...

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I love her cream eye shadow, gel liner,  extra toner, bronzer and books. I am a big fan. Her products work well for me.

Samshoediva

(0) Hearts

I love her gel liner pots. I have them in so many colors. 

I am also a huge fan of her blushes. 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Brown is one of my least favourite high-end brands. I tried so many of her products, here are the only products that work for me:

Pot rouge in fresh melon

Cream eyeshadow in Stone

infinitise

I really like her cleansing oil 

I never had problem with it leaving any residue behind including the mos stubborn mascara. 

I use something else right now (which I still do like) but Bobbi Brown one is just light weight, pleasantly scented and refreshing.. its definitely worth the cost. 

I also like her gel liners. it doesn't chip, smudge or disappear on my "difficult to stay on" eye lids. 

it lasts a long time if it doesn't harden on you... 

The stick concealers are convenient and very creamy

but I don't think I liked any of her other products especially for the price. I don't use lip products in general so I couldn't say, but nothing else was impressive enough to repurchase

- Bronzer (in golden brown light color) had too much redness 

- Skin foundation just doesn't look that flattering (it looks alot prettier after a few hours when if mixes up a bit with your skin's natural oil) 

- Stick foundation (the new one) is just bad. coverage is alot less than the original one too while still looking like I'm wearing alot of makeup

- long wear foundation was also very bad - flaky, and hard to blend and just not that flattering 

- Mascara was bad.. the lengthening one smuged right away with a primer and loose powder, and the original one (the most popular one) looks natural but that's about it. 

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

I actually really like the foundation stick....I know what you mean though, if you aren't careful, it can look very heavy. I had to play around a bit with it when I first got it. I like the Skin Foundation, too.

However, I have to agree with you again about the price. I avoid many of her items simply because they are too much money so I don't even bother. I would only spend a lot on a product that had a 'wow' factor, but Bobbi's stuff is always pretty safe. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

How do you apply your stick foundation? 

I liked the original one as a concealer and using hands worked great but I've tried both bobbi brown's full coverage foundation brush and hands and can't get it to work :smileysad: 

which primer are you using? 

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

I use Boots No 7 perfect and protect serum as my "primer" and also use a light moisturizer. I rub my finger on it (the heat makes it a little smoother) and then apply it in short, quick strokes and use my fingers to blend. I don't even bother with a foundation brush, it doesn't work with this product! Good luck!

infinitise

Awesome :smileyhappy: Thank you so much! 

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

no problem!

jennypenny1995

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Wow, thank you for all that detail!  Really good info!

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I like her eye makeup remover--not the long-wear type sold at Sephora but the regular type. The reason I like it is that I use it when I make mistakes in applying eye makeup and in cleaning up underneath the eye before applying concealer or foundation. It leaves absolutely no residual oil or anything else, and it dries immediately. It is so gentle that it doesn't mess up other areas of eye makeup that I want to keep intact. I don't use it for removing my full eye makeup (some of which is waterproof), but just during application.

seemee22

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts
  • Creamy Sheer Lip Color in Carolina
  • Shimmer Brink in Bronze
  • Lip Color in Brownie
  • Blush in Apricot 
  • Hydrating Eye Cream

These are my "must haves" from BB. All the other stuff I skip on. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Her blush is amazing. I love that you can build your own palette. as well as her gel liners and bronzer

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • seemee22
    • jennypenny1995
    • ivyxox
    • infinitise
    • HelloCoffee