jennypenny1995

Your Experience?

(0) Hearts

Do you have an experience using/trying Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation or her Vitamin Enriched Face Base?  I am very oily in my t-zone, so having my foundation not slide into fine lines while controlling shine is critical for me.  THANK YOU for your input!

katie1724

Re: Your Experience?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have tried the Skin foundation, and I liked it, but it was not great at oil control (for me -- I definitely had to touch up my T-zone periodically with powder, which I don't mind doing). I have never tried the Face Base. 

Of her other foundations, I have the foundation stick (which I like, but I tend to reach for NARS concealer more often) as well as the Luminous Moisture and Moisture Rich Foundations. I liked these, formula-wise, but my shade was significantly darker in these formulations than it is in the Skin foundation, so I didn't stick with them. I like her tinted moisturizer, too. 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Of her formulas, which controlled the shine more?

missrmessner

I use the skin foundation. It is a sheer foundation, but I really like it for evening out my skintone. I have an oily T-zone as well and find that my NARS loose translucent powder keeps me glowy, but not oily most of the day. On more humid days I do need to blot or touch up in the afternoon. I really like the effect it has, since I've never been a heavy foundation girl. I have freckles and flaws, and hiding them makes me look non-human. I just use a dab of concealer on my blemishes and under-eyes and I'm good to go! 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Have you tried any of her other foundations?

missrmessner

(0) Hearts

No, I haven't. I just recently figured out that 00 Alabaster was the perfect color for me, so I will definitely be trying more in the future once I get through the Skin foundation.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Yeah, that's really the only factor drawing me to BB.  I simply can't find light enough shades In other brands.  I'm either Alabaster or Porcelain.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • jennypenny1995
    • missrmessner