courtneyleeh

Your ALL-TIME FAVORITE Mascara!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

I think we've all been through the woes of spending too much money on too many mascaras that just don't do what they claim or don't give us the look that we want...until that is, you finally find the holy grail of mascaras.  I personally am still on the hunt, but I'd like to hear from YOU your top winner(s) and loser(s) of mascaras, or simply your ALL TIME FAVORITE/holy grail mascara! If you'd like, also include the "look" you prefer to get out of your mascara, whether it's length, volume, definition, etc. and what tips/tricks you have to achieve it.

upload_2298679558499180256.jpgupload_2183580812611962772.jpg

I just ordered Lancôme's HYPNÔSE Custom Volume Mascara in brown to bring out my blue eyes along with Lancôme's CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base.  I'm excited to try them out with all the great reviews both products have gotten so far! For my "look", I like the super long, super defined lash look where it looks like I could be wearing falsies - so sky high they touch the top of my lids. I also prefer mascaras with rubber brushes and those that don't dry too quickly.

Mascaras I like (but don't quite love) include:

1. Benefit They're Real! Mascara
  2. Loreal Voluminous Line Mascaras
  3. Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara
  4. Sephora Collection Outrageous Volume Mascara

Mascaras I was unimpressed with:

1. Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara
  2. Any mascara (high end or otherwise) with a super skinny/thin brush
  3. Any Almay Mascaras

**Yes, I try out both high end and drugstore mascaras because sometimes I honestly feel that drugstore mascaras give me the look I want better than some high end ones.  Now SHARE your wisdom!

brennab

Re: Your ALL-TIME FAVORITE Mascara!

Buxom Lash is hands down my favourite! 

http://www.sephora.com/buxom-lash-mascara-P228204?skuId=1143486

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

benefit they're real.

I had a love affair with YSL babydoll but the fragrance it in did not like my eyes lol. so i never repurchased

I want to try diors new it -addict? but it has some type of latex in it, i can't find the full ingredients list online.

courtneyleeh

(0) Hearts

I like Benefit They're Real, but I find it's more difficult than other mascaras to remove and while it gives great separation (love the brush!) I wish it gave just a tad more length and came in more colors/shades.

I also checked out Dior Addict's mascara - I had no idea it had a latex in the formula!

aviscardi

I heard so many say that but i don't actually apply a lot. I'm more like 1 coat and go. So when i remove it with clinique take the day off, and then wash my face it all comes off.

Yea i really wanted to try it, but the latex duo adhesive makes my eyes water. so i may have a slight allergy to it. not sure if the dior is the same.

etscore1

[ Edited ]

Until about a month ago I would've said that no mascara was as important as the Lancome Cils Booster XL and that the Lancome Cils Booster XL was magic and could make just about any mascara look amazing. 

Then I tried the YSL Babydoll. So far, it's the only mascara that I am 100% satisfied with that doesn't require any other supplemental products.

Prior to the YSL, my HG mascara combo was Chanel Inimitable over the Lancome Cils Booster XL, but I started questioning my love for the Chanel if it didn't hold up without the Lancome applied beforehand. The Chanel is still great IMO - love the short, rubber applicator and the great formula - but finding the YSL has really opened my eyes (no pun intended).

I also really like Smashbox Eye Brightening Mascara, but I've only tried a travel size and I've heard the full size doesn't perform as well and can be sticky and clumpy where the travel size has been fantastic from the first swipe. 

So these are the three I currently have open and rotate through: YSL, Chanel and Smashbox (along with the Lancome primer). 

I also am a member of what seems to be a slowly growing contingent of people who have a serious distain for Benefit - They're Real mascara. Hate the formula, hate the brush, hate how it feels on my lashes. 

miabt

I'm right there with you on the love for the YSL Babydoll & the confusion over the cult following for the They're Real.  I wish I did, since everyone else seems to absolutely LOVE it, but I just don't get it :smileysad:  

xo, Mia

courtneyleeh

I was actually debating between the Lancome and the YSL Babydoll Mascaras before I made my purchase...if the Lancome one doesn't work for me, I think this will be the next one I try.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

The only Lancome I've really liked is the Definicils - but I'm a stickler for the right applicator. Some of these ginormo, fluffy, twisty, spiky, ones tend to do more harm than good for my lashes! 

I picked up the YSL as a 100pt. perk about a month ago and while it unfortunately doesn't cost any less than my previous HG (Chanel), it does eliminate the primer, so I consider that a $22 price cut! 

But it really is amazing what that Lancome primer can do to even the crappiest mascaras! I would say if anyone was disappointed with a purchase but still felt a compulsion to use up the product, buy that Lancome Cils Booster XL and turn that disappointment into tolerance bordering on acceptable! :smileyhappy: 

lecia1167

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara. I had a cast mate at Sephora recommend it to me, and it is hands down my favorite mascara. Benefit They're Real is also good, but this is better.

http://www.sephora.com/sumptuous-extreme-lash-multiplying-volume-mascara-P379945

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • sweetxteeth
    • lovelykatya
    • misscg
    • annika23
    • redhead85