HookedOnBeauty2

YouTube....who to watch????

I loved the post the other day where fellow BT'ers posted links to there blogs. I bookmarked most of them :smileyhappy:

So I turn to you all and ask for a few suggestions of people who are worth watching their beauty videos on YouTube. Since there are tons I'd like to weed out some and just focus on the ones you recommend.

The 2 that I know of are tarababyz and carli bybel.

mdelrosario91

Re: YouTube....who to watch????

(0) Hearts

KathleenLights is another great YouTuber to watch! She's funny and adorable to watch, and I like how she doesn't go heavy on the liner or use false lashes with her looks.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

The only two I really watch are Wayne Goss and Lisa Eldridge. Wayne is ridiculously charming and unabashedly honest, so I tend to trust what he says -- he's also a professional MUA. Lisa is so soothing and easy to follow (and she's a world famous MUA who regularly works on celebrity clients for magazine covers, red carpet events, etc.). I believe she's affiliated with Chanel (and was previously the Creative Director at Boots) but she makes product recommendations all across the board from so many different lines -- I don't find her reviews to be biased. 

ETA: I forgot I also like the Pixiwoo sisters -- Sam and Nic are also professional MUAs, and and Sam (if not Nic, too, not sure) was a MAC Pro artist for several years. 

Teresaanne92

[ Edited ]

My favorites are:

-Shaaanxo

-Jaclyn Hill

-Carli Bybel

-Karissa Pukas

-AlisonlovesJB

I tend to gravitate towards more dramatic-in-your-face looks though. As well as "younger"- not that there is anything wrong with older, or more natural looks. Just not my preference on me. For instance- If I could bathe in glitter and go outside looking like a Twilight vampire on a day-to-day basis I would deff rock that. haha :smileytongue: Perhaps letting us know what kind of looks you prefer? Natural or more bold? :smileyhappy: I find that with each guru you're going to get a lot of their personalities shown in their makeup so it's always good to know what kind of look you prefer! 

JayReed

I forgot about Shaaanxo!! I love her!

lyravega

Wayne Goss! Experienced MUA, smart, charming, funny and brutally honest. Love him!

sarah468

(0) Hearts

I love essiebutton and Lily Pebbles and tiffany d. 

evno

I always watch Wayne Goss and Lisa Eldrige (both world-renowned, successful, and experienced MUAs). I've learned almost everything from them because their techniques and application are flawless, not to mention their accents. :smileyhappy:

Plantgarden

Love Goss, but Eldridge is bought and sold. IMHO 

Also love thekristenkchannel and tarababyz :smileyhappy:

Please check out 

youtu.be/FEp1h7GKIao

algenib

Absolutely love Lisa Eldridge too!

daisies121

[ Edited ]

I like MakeUp Geek.  She's really sweet and her tutorials are easy to follow.  Her products are great too.

I'm always looking for new people to watch so I'll definitely be checking out some of the other responses too!

KMeleana

(0) Hearts
Nicole Guerriero is one of my favorites.
HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

So many great recommendations. I will be busy watching tutorials and reviews for awhile :smileyhappy:

mberteig

I also really love Wayne Goss, and I like Tanya Burr as well.

JayReed

I really love watching Wayne Goss, he definitely knows his stuff and will show you the correct ways to use products. 

For fun i like watching iheartmakeup92 she always has cute hairstyles and different makeup tutorials. 

m3rma1d

Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist)

SallieSunshine

I watch YouTube videos primarily for entertainment. I enjoy haul videos, and I also like to watch everything from natural looks to crazy, overly made up looks. Once I find a personality I like, I'll subscribe. So that said, here is a pretty eclectic list of channels I enjoy, in no particular order:

Lisa Eldridge, Sharon Farrell, thekristenkchannel, Jaclyn Hill, Glossy Confidential, emilynoel83, vintageortacky, Fleur DeForce

roxystar4

♥ ♥

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

For makeup tutorials, I recommend Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo, Lisa Eldridge, Charlotte Tilbury, Sona Gasparian, Teni/Miss Maven, Givegoodface/Jordan Liberty and Wayne Goss because they're all successful makeup artists that are amazing. Their work is absolutely stunning. 

For reviews, I recommend Emily Noel, RAEview, glamlifeguru, Allura beauty, and itsjudytime. RAEview has reviews for high end makeup, while Allurabeauty has reviews for both high end and drugstore. She also does reviews on brand new collections that have not been released yet.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but I would not recommend Carli because all of her tutorials end up looking the same, Fleurdeforce because she rarely does makeup tutorials, and missglamorazzi because she's more of a social youtuber than a beauty youtuber. Of course, you can still watch them if you'd like.

Jaclyn Hill, Nicole Guerriero, and Casey Holmes are ok because they use a ton of products on their face. For example, they use way too much concealer under their eyes, set their under eyes with a separate powder, and then use a highlighting powder on top of that. Their contour is extreme too. 

gingerblack

[ Edited ]

I'll have to check out your suggestions. I generally agree with what you said about Carli and Casey. I am subscribed to them, but I don't usually watch their tutorials due to the reasons you posted. I also find they show a lot of sponsored products, so I don't really trust them.

Hookedonbeauty2, I also suggest makeupbyali and Emma Pickles. 

andyhtrieu

Yea I think they're affiliated with Sigma. They're always shoving Sigma favorites in everyone's faces hahah. Especially Jaclyn. I mean, I like her eye makeup tutorials, but in her "favorites" videos, she ALWAYS talks about how Sigma is an amazing company. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 62 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • daisies121
    • mberteig
    • sarah468
    • lyravega
    • roxystar4