sehporajunkue

Yay or nay to BBs and CCs for oily skin?

(0) Hearts

Question for fellow oily skin ladies, do BBs and CCs help control your oil or do you find that your skin produces more? I had been using a BB cream (Smashbox) for awhile now and noticing recently that my skin is oily before lunch!

I've thought about switching to a primer and foundation powder instead. Do others have a better experience with BBs and CCs and I should stick it out?

infinitise

Re: Yay or nay to BBs and CCs for oily skin?

(0) Hearts

I never tried the BB/CC creams from Sephora, but I've tried numerous from Korea where it was released earlier and is more popular. 

Generally, they both have more oil and have less lasting power compared to foundations 

plus they break me out, and they don't offer too many if at all colors. 

Try (if you are interested and can hold of them) Skin79's hot pink bb cream, Innisfree nosebum bb cream, and The Faceshop's aqua bb cream 

solveig

(0) Hearts

I have oily skin, and neither Asian, nor European/American BB creams work for me. They do not control oil (not for me anyway), but they clog my pores like crazy. It was easier for me to find my shade match among Asian brands (since they come in more neutral fair shades), but that was the only thing that I liked about them.

sunshine38

(0) Hearts

Nay!  At least I haven't found one that gives me any benefits.  Although they don't seem to make me visibly more oily, I FEEL oily and dirty when I put them on, even after washing my face.  I might take up some of the other suggestions posted here, though.

beautylovingirl

Nay for me too I just don't feel like they have put together one yet that helps oily skin out.

anaa

(0) Hearts

Nay for me.  Any of the ones I've tried make my skin much oilier.  BE foundation doesn't really control oil for me either, so I am using one of the Hourglass Immaculate liquid foundation.

DeltaGammaGirl

I actually just switched to the hourglass immaculate foundation and oh my has it made a difference. It is for people with oily skin and has really good things in it to help improve skin. My skin is no longer oily throughout the day!

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

I know how you feel darling ! I got oily skin and BB / CC creams are mostly horrible for me, haven't found one that works for oily skin yet!  but  hey don't stick to powder foundation just because of oily skin, there are some good liquid foundation out there for oily skin, I find makeup for ever HD invisible to be good, and well you can always have powder around to correct oily skin sometimes, for me when I've been wearing my foundation for about 5 hours + it becomes a bit oily, i usually take a  tiny tiny bit of powder on a powder brush and slowly go around and then my face is perfect again for the rest of the day! Hope this help (:

lylysa

Try Dr. Brandt's BB Matte formula:

swfupload_6836238838982992239.jpg

Though there are only two shades available, this is specifically geared to mattify skin.

sehporajunkue

Thanks, that looks like what I would need!  Too bad it only comes in two shades :smileysad:

lylysa

What shade in Smashbox do you need? Have you considered using a mattifying primer or product prior to using your Smashbox BB? I know BB/CCs tout priming capabilities; however, if your skin does need to address further issues like excess oil production, you can still most definitely use a mattifier/primer prior to the BB.

Here's a thread with a giant run down on primers/mattifying products for oily skin!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Oily/Primer-for-oily-skin/m-p/610795#M701

sehporajunkue

I usually get dark.  WOW! Thanks so much!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I wish BB/CCs came with more color varieties, but definitely do check out some primers/mattifying products. If you're sold on the Smashbox BB minus how your skin still combats oil as the day goes on, using a primer will allow you to stick with a formula you like! :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

I am using Smashbox CC and I like it. It is perfect with some HD powder on top.

sehporajunkue

(0) Hearts

Thanks! The Smashbox CC is too dark for me, but I have bought the HD powder to try with my current BB until it runs out. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • anaa
    • lilyyy
    • lylysa
    • solveig
    • sunshine38
    • beautylovingirl