Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Re: YSL Love / Updates

Oh goodness.. these are sooo completely irresistible!

The Shock Mascara is coming soon to Sephora... http://www.sephora.com/the-shock-mascara-P415991

YSL direct has 3 new products up

Sephora has their new perfume and gift set

YSLThe-Shock mascara.jpg

The-Shock-Eye-Gloss-Smudger_01.jpgBlack-Opium-The-Shock_90ml.jpgnew black opium set.jpg

That gift set is calling my name.

Same!   I recently started wearing Black Opium again - I had forgotten how much I love it!

Spotted some new YSL products on Holt Renfrew's website! 🙂

Couture Collector Blush - The Street & I

ysl1.png

Couture Collector eyeshadow palette - The Street & I

ysl2.png

Chinese New Year 2017 palette

ysl3.png

Dessin du Regard Eye Pencils

Spoiler
08 Blanc Arty
y1.png
09 Pink Graffiti
y2.png
10 Orange Graffitiy3.png

Gloss Volupté – Spring Collection

Spoiler
211 Acrylic Pink
y4.png

212 Orange Granite
y5.png

Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick – Spring Collection

Spoiler
57 Rouge Spencer
ys1.png

58 Orange Tournon
ys2.png

59 Fuchsia Jumpsuit
ys3.png

60 Rose Marceau
ys4.png

This Chinese NY gorgeous new package for the blush (#7 I believe) will be hard to resist. Right @meganlisa😉

@DaintyDiva I was staring at it thinking exactly the same thing.  It is so gorgeous and YSL is a personal weakness.  Not sure how I'm going to survive spring releases.  I just need to keep looking at my Nordstrom bill!!!!

@meganlisa I'm hoping it'll be sold out so fast, I won't need to fight the temptation too long 😄 lol

@DaintyDiva I'm with you....

This thread isn't getting enough love so I'm back with more swatches! 

I have fallen in love with YSL lipsticks (even tho my wallet says otherwise). In particular, the new star clash (hard to find but if you do find it, its so worth it!) lipsticks. Not only is the packaging stunning but the formula is pigmented, moisturizing and long lasting.

Here are some swatches for your viewing pleasure. Please don't hate me for enabling you 😉

Top to bottom (order of swatches is the same for both photos)

01 Le Rouge

19 Le Fuchsia

13 Le Orange

52 Rouge Rose

70 Le Nu

09 Rose Stiletto 

No flash

YSLStarClash.jpg

Flash

YSLStarClashFlash.jpg

Rouge Rose is pretty... They are gone from the Canadian site now... I loved the packaging and the obviously the star on the lipsticks but never pulled the trigger. I think if the packaging would have been silver I would have gotten it for sure 😄

Star Clash Rose stiletto..the one that got away 😢 💔

@Anewxa Its like a mythical creature. Nowhere to be found.

Anyway, if I see it come in stock on the Sephora site or elsewhere Ill let you know as I am also looking for this shade.:)

Thanks @trishavt! I have never had such a run around for a product such as this. First stores said they don't have it..next day they are sold out..next day oh we never carried it. When I finally went in to check display was there with testers but one of the girls said it was sold out weeks ago! Now our side of site doesn't have the product page up anymore. I guess I might just pick it up in the regular packaging since the colour is very pretty. 

@Anewxa It sounds like we've had similar experiences! 

One suggestion I have is to heart/love the item so you can add it to your loves list. I check that periodically and was fortunate to see the Fuchsia shade in stock recently.

The stores aren't always the best place to look at this point because it's been sold out for weeks now. It's possible they may get more in stock but they don't know if and when that will happen.

I was mystified as to why every store in my area was sold out (even though the website says they are in stock at the store) of these lipsticks. So I asked a sales associate about these lipsticks and she told me there are people that buy them in bulk. There are people buying up to 10 items (the max) at a time, which has depleted their stock. One store only got 8 lipsticks and one customer purchased them all! Once I learned this I asked SAs in other stores if this was the case and they confirmed the same thing. So its likely there are several people buying these in bulk in your area and/or the store didn't get enough inventory.

@trishavt Thank you for the swatches. I've been eyeing Le Orange for a while, it's a really nice shade.

@DaintyDiva You're quite welcome! Le Orange is such a vibrant color that I'm drawn to as well. Ive always been more conservative with my color choices but there's something about this entire set that makes me want to wear bright colors. 🙂

I came across this YSL holiday lipstick set at Sephora. Unfortunately this store was sold out of these sets, and it has been sold out online for a while now. Has anyone seen it in stores?

Fingers crossed its back in stock in time for the Rouge/VIB sale  😉

IMG_8641.JPG

IMG_8642.JPG

@trishavt yes I bought two of that set yesterday at my Sephora store in California. So I think some stores still have them but not sure if they will get restocked.

testing