Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Re: YSL Love / Updates

Thank you so much for this update! I'll be awaiting your review 🙂 and I'll definitely check out those YouTubers!

Can anyone compare the sheer candies vs. new tint in balm? The new shades are gorgeous but I really love the sheer candy formula and they're basically discontinued now. 😞

Found some interesting swatches of the tint-in-balm showing how the colour develops and adds the "tint" effect.

https://styleme.pixnet.net/post/212836729

Each colour is swatched three times. Fairly certain the three pictures are captioned "thin layer", "thin layer 5 min later", "thick layer".

Very nice swatches. Just wonder when they will become available. I want No. 4 or 12.

@ournursie Those are great pics, I've been curious what these look like..

Has anyone seen the 2017 Chinese New Year blush palette around? I have the shadow ones from the last two years and would like to grab this years palette 😞

@malday, I just saw it while browsing Nordstrom online, and it is showing in stock. 🙂

Haha yeah I just found it...for some reason google failed me this morning. Thanks!

Found a YouTube video with full swatches of the new Tint-in-Balm line:

https://youtu.be/qCYbapsGrRI

That plum tho.. 😍 A good fraction of the shades seem fairly pigmented for a balm, too!

Edit: This YouTuber seems to have swatched them all again - see here:

https://youtu.be/ciWcCRym77Q

The reason for which is unclear to me as I'm not Chinese-speaking. Linking, in any case, as they seem better. 👍🏻

Sad for me , don't like any of them 😕 they all look so similar just varying shades of pink.  I love the ysl oils too but I started noticing I didn't need to collect them all because of that 

And now I want them all. YSL lippies are the only only lipsticks I buy and these look great. Yay for more options for those of us not on the matte lip train. 

New for Spring 2017 - YSL Tint-in-balm.

Seems to be a colour changing balm similar to their tint-in-oil line. So excited for this!

YSL_Volupte_Tint_in_Balm_spring_2017_makeup_collection3.jpg

More details at: http://chicprofile.com/ysl-volupte-tint-in-balm-spring-2017

Update: Seems they've launched in Asia. This Singaporean beauty blogger has a few swatches: http://joyceforensia.com/2017/01/09/beauty-haul-ysl-tint-in-balm/

ysl-tint-in-balm-lip-core.jpg

Shades 2, 8, & 9.

Sheer (like the tint-in-oil) but that's to be expected of a balm. Can't wait for these..

I love that the oil core is shaped like lips!

Same!  These will be hard to resist!

I'm deceased lol

Their sheer candies are one of my favorite lip products and they're basically extending the line? Dream come true. I wonder how the formulas will differ!

They're replacing the Sheer Candy with these new ones actually! (I work for YSL).

Or are they replacing the sheer candy line with this? I love the sheer candy line, but I'm not a fan of their oil-in-stick products. I'm a little nervous about the potential of one of my favorites changing/going away. 

Oh no........ now I'm scared LOL. I can kind of see how that could be a possibility because the outer packaging is identical and it's pretty much the same "tint balm" concept. t_t

I really hope they don't because I planned on collecting the sheer candies.

I went to the Sephora site, and lots are out of stock. That they aren't restocking in a timely fashion makes me nervous. 

Nordstrom still seems to have all/most in stock. If there is a favorite you would be devistated if it gets discontinued, then maybe pick up a back up tube? As a high-end brand, I'm afraid if they discontinue, it won't be with warning (won't go on sale, opting instead for discontinued items to go poof, gone). 

I could be paranoid, but I don't think I can get by without 005 and 006 (berry & cherry). I'll probably get one of each. 

@SheWhoSkis

Number 05 is my absolute favorite fall /winter lip shade. I never thought about them discontinuing the Sheer Candy line but I bet they are. I must buy a backup since my YSL lipsticks last so long. I got 2 in 2012 and they still smell brand new. 

@ournursie This looks amazing 😄 I want it all

1 Reply
testing